1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my new eg hatch

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by ek98coupe, Dec 27, 2009.

1. ek98coupe

ek98coupe New Member

Ok so I just picked up a 92 eg hatch with a d16a in it. It is leaking water from timing belt side and from what I know that is my water pump. How hard is that to replace? And what are the steps I've never done one on a civic?

2. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

it's not that hard, but if you replace it you should change the timing belt too. and chances are the water pump isn't even bad, it's probably just the gasket

3. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

You may need to tilt the motor up on that side when changin it. If you have AC...you need to also take the A/C mount off
    (where it attaches to the car) so the A/C belt will come off. Take off mount at the timing belt too. May need a special tool
    to take crank pulley off (air compressor and 1/2" impact usually works). But thats the hardest stuff. After that....its a
    matter of taking off (and changing) the tensioner, the timing belt, the water pump and maybe the crank bearing.
    Make sure you're at TDC when you start taking this stuff off and make sure you're lined up in the same position after
    these things have been replaced and tensioner has been tightened.

Plan on spending $200+ and you doing the labor. I strongly advise all Honda OEM parts for these items

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted