my new eg hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek98coupe

Ok so I just picked up a 92 eg hatch with a d16a in it. It is leaking water from timing belt side and from what I know that is my water pump. How hard is that to replace? And what are the steps I've never done one on a civic?

it's not that hard, but if you replace it you should change the timing belt too. and chances are the water pump isn't even bad, it's probably just the gasket

You may need to tilt the motor up on that side when changin it. If you have AC...you need to also take the A/C mount off
(where it attaches to the car) so the A/C belt will come off. Take off mount at the timing belt too. May need a special tool
to take crank pulley off (air compressor and 1/2" impact usually works). But thats the hardest stuff. After that....its a
matter of taking off (and changing) the tensioner, the timing belt, the water pump and maybe the crank bearing.
Make sure you're at TDC when you start taking this stuff off and make sure you're lined up in the same position after
these things have been replaced and tensioner has been tightened.

Plan on spending $200+ and you doing the labor. I strongly advise all Honda OEM parts for these items

Back