1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Love! :o)

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by MXDesa, Jul 29, 2006.

1. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

Hey Guys whats up?? I fell in love with something i drove today. Its very outside of my style and taste but when i drove, it felt great, and so much fun to drive. What is it you may ask? Call me wierd bit it was.... Yup a 1972 Chevy C10 Long bed. I hope to own a truck of this era one day. I think they are beautiful. I know Bodydroppednikes will appreciate it. What do you guys think? And what are some of you unique passions about cars other than the common things you see every day??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

very NICE!! i LOVE the Chevy C-10 trucks. they are badass IMHO. that one looks like its in immaculate shape. what kinda engine/tranny does it have? any plans on laying one out when you get one? cause they look sic as fuck on 20s and laying close to the ground :)

3. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

It has a 427c.i. with a 4 speed tranny. Cant remember the type of tranny. Im trying to find one that has minimal body rust and for sure slam it low enough to look aggressive but functional enough to tow my Talon. It sure hauls ass with this Big Block even though it weighs well over 4000 Pounds.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

reminds me of dazed and confused :p

AIR RAID BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. shortbusrebel07

shortbusrebel07 Senior Member

i love my honda, but there is something about a 71 datsun 510 that gives me a big rubbery one.

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Very nice!

I tend to just like the small and rare cars that are unique in some weird way. I want to get a Karmann Ghia (for Katie) one day, I have a weird fascination with Kei cars from Japan, I love all the weird 3 wheelers in Europe, and I want an Insight just because it would be fun to toss around and play with.

7. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

my uncle has a few of those, completely restored. very nice.

8. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

9. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

it's most likely a borg warner or saganaw tranny, but none the less it''s a sweet looking truck

10. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

Yeah your right, it is a short bed. His son also brought a 72 Yellow Longbed. Got the two tossed up. But yeah the C10's get nicer as they get older. I.e. late 60's

11. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

I love the early style BMW 2002ti's, with the round taillights. I want one badly. You can come across them pretty cheap here in Cali. I am also into old minis. I'd also like to restore and customize an old late 50's/early 60's cadillac eldorado or sedan deville.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  12. 93vicb16a2

93vicb16a2 WHATS CRACKIN??

man i like the shit out of that truck i my first car/truck when i turneed 16 was a 1970 long wide that i really loved

13. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

I love the old style mini's. In europe they are still fairly easy to come by/see. Those type of cars were the ones with passion and class designed into them.

14. ScrapinSi

ScrapinSi Senior Member

I'm not a fan of C10's by far... But that is a CLEANNN C10... Gimme an old F100 w/ a SBC and i'll be a happy boy.

15. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

There is a white, immaculately clean, stock 66 chevrolet stepside that goes to my parrent's church. I always had an eye on it, and every time I see the dude I ask him when he is going to sell it to me. He claims it has transmission problems and he doesnt like it, but he is still driving it.. 10+ years that I personally know of. His wife has had like 4 new cars in that time, so I know he just loves the thing and doesnt want to get rid of it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted