my new project hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
well i was selling my 91 si hatch but now i am making a track car out of it. me and a few friends are doing it just for somthing to do. so far we took out all the windows except for the windsheild. we are replaceing all of them with plexiglass. it is fully gutted. we just want to see how fast it will go in the 1/4 mile with completly stock motor. we are going to cut the supports on the doors and some other bracing. are goal is to see how little we could spend to go fast. anyone know what kinda times i might be able to run all stock motor at about 1650 lbs? after were all done with weight reduction we are going to do a low low budget turbo or a 100 shot. just thought i would tell you guys.

1650? ehh... i don't think you'll be able to get it that low.. i'd say 1800 at best.
but sounds cool

I hate to break it to ya, but a friend with an STD hatch gutted the hell out of it, removed all the bracing, lexan side and hatch windows, no lights, stock brakes and suspension, Lenso 13" drag wheels front and rear with MT tires, B16 w/ a turbo, one seat, roll bar, half aluminum dash, 5 gal fuel cell, Optima battery, and he comes in right at 2000 lbs., wet per a transfer station scale that's accurate to 5 lbs. I was there to see it, and it surprised the hell out of me.

wtf? did he have a just a roll bar or a whole cage? how much do you think that would weigh. i dont know how it could be that much. i can pick the whole back of the car up myself and two of us could pick the front up. o well i believe you though.

100 shot = big boom on a stock motor..

i can picture it now.. seeing your head being shot through your hood, flying 100 feet up. (that prolly wont happen, but it would be funny as fuck!)

Back