My new toy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Well as some of you might remember, i got a DUI a while back, there was a post somewhere about it. Well since CA DMV finds you guilty until proven innocent (They are taking my license even though my case hasn't went to court), i had to have a reliable mode of transportation. The BMX is not practical anymore, jsut because i live around a lot of hills so that thing would be too tiring.

So today i went bike hunting. i originally was going to buy a cheap 200 dollar Schwinn from Target, but after checking out Sports Chalet, i ended up dropping the extra cash to get something i will be able to keep for a lot longer. Its an '06 Diamondback Response Sport. For 400 bucks it has some nice components on it. Most of the components are mid-range stuff, not the best of course, but a hell of a lot better than what i would have gotten froma Target bike.

The frame is kind of wierd looking because its an Xtra small. since i'm so damn short i had to get a small one for it to fit me good. the guy in the bike department really knew his shit about mt. bikes, and helped out a lot. I'm pretty damn happy with it so far. I even went riding today with one of the housemates on some trails that are in the canyon behind our house.

so what do you guys think?

as far as future upgrades, new forks will probably be first, then probably a conversion to a single chain ring in the front with a bash guard and some better tires. other than that i don't kow yet, just gonna see how much i really use it off road.
gallery_22248_168_14829.jpg

gallery_22248_168_44700.jpg

gallery_22248_168_109477.jpg

dirt jumping bike from thelooks of it.

I like it :). :thumbsup: from me.

My bike has got some aluminum rims on it and that seems to help out quit a bit while just riding easier type trails and down the road so, so if thats the kinda riding your looking at doing id pick some of those up. I plan on getting some stronger rims for when I do some more serious riding this summer.

Check out some of the new shit they are coming out with mt. bikes, some time in the future all bikes will come with transmissions basicly really cool stuff man almost as exspensive as modding a car some times even more so.

Looks good and have fun!

i would have gotten a moped or scooter
i don't think you need a license for the ones that top out around 30

you gonna drift the bike? :)

you bought a bike for a DD since you got a DUI.

leave it alone. just ride it, and dont break it until you get your license back.

i still would have opted for a scooter or even an enduro...

you might be able to get a motorcycle license even if your car license is suspended...

nahh, i don't think you can get a motorcycle license if its suspended here in CA, besides then i'd have to worry about insurance. also there aren't many motorcycles around here for 500 bucks. also my fat ass needs to get in shape, so the biking will be good for me.

oh yea, whoever said to get aluminum rims, these are aluminum, along with the frame and some other parts :) it's actually a pretty light bike

Back