My New Type R CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ill try to put the pictures in order as stuff was done.

First got the car.
CRXBefore.jpg

CRXBefore3.jpg

BayAfter.jpg

Before the bay was sprayed, there were giant seams all over the bay, so they were gotten rid of.
Seams1.jpg

Seams2.jpg

Heres the swap sitting pretty in my living room. Its a 98+ spec Integra type r engine. had it shipped to me in FL from Canada.
P1010008-1.jpg

Heres some other random Parts that were used in the build.
Cable to Hydro Conversion
P1010004-1.jpg

Hasport Mounts and hasport shift linkage.
P1010001-2.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

Skunk2 Shifter and knob
DSCF0664.jpg

We also Used Full Race Traction bars and a Full Race Radiator.
SANY0038.jpg

DSCF0714.jpg

DSCF0732.jpg

DSCF0729.jpg

Heres just some random shots during when it was all being put together.
SANY0023.jpg

SANY0044.jpg

SANY0028.jpg

SANY0056.jpg

Here are the pics from the last Track Event we went to at sunshine drag strip. the car is not done. But it is able to drive around. We need to find a nice suspesnion set up for the car. and some Sprintharts.

SANY0101.jpg

SANY0132.jpg

SANY0089.jpg

SANY0090.jpg

SANY0099.jpg

All major work was done by Terry of T&C Racing with the help of myself and my brother. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.

Last edited:
Thanks Hondarin. This project took a few months, but it was well worth it. Next she will be going for paint and body work. Were going to keep it the same color, or maybe throw some Night Hawk Black Pearl on it.

Also: The car originally had a real mugen CRX spoiler on it, it was stolen, so if you know someone who has one at a decent price, id be very interested.

Last edited:
did you have any problem with hood clearance? I don't know if it's just me but that valve cover looks really tall...well taller then normal

Yes on the hood clearance. Its definately spaced, ive been looking for a good priced SiR hood, I read that would clear the Valve cover. The car will get a very slight wire tuck, more like an organizing. We needed the car up and running, now well do the little things that will set her off nice. The battery will be relocated with a custom 3 inch intake made by my favorite local shop. Still deciding on a suspension set up. I have C2 coilovers on my integra, but they are really stiff, I may go with a Koni yellow, and tein spring setup because ive never had a chance to use the koni yellows.

Last edited:
wow its been awhile since i have seen someone swap a type R in there. let alone do it the right way with extra goodies.

nice job man!

Thanks Taco. There was only quality parts used on this swap. It was costly, but well worth it. Now i just have to figure out a suspension set up that will work well for street and track use. We are going to throw a 40 shot of nitrous on the car and have it tuned for the spray. We already got one kill in with the car as it sits in the pictures. Type R CRX vs Lexus SC400, the crx came out on top.

a good suspension setup..if your sticking with quality parts then you want tein..they are like $1300 but sooo much to adjust

Rep to any one who can answer this question. Im using DC integra hubs with the DA chicken wings in the back and the stock hubs up front. Now, if i were to order coilovers, how will that work? Ive got EF stuff in the front, and DC stuff in the rear. Does any one sell a coilover kit that takes into account that people use the DC stuff in the rear, or am i going to have to with a shock/sleeve over coil set up and order EF shocks for the front, and DC shocks for the rear?

you might be able to get one of the bigger name companies to do mix and match for you..
depends who you go with..

Order the two parts seperate ie. order your front suspension and rear suspension as two packages and figure out what dimensions/part# you need the shocks to be. It happens more than you think to people. Especially people who do rear disc swaps on eg's.

jackass gave me negative rep for giving him positive rep for his build? wtf.

:slap:

Back