My newly found love for

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Matts96HB

VIP
Forced induction of any sort has led to this:

1205.jpg

Not the actual car, but I got one in really great shape for 880 out the door. 202,000 miles, rebuilt motor, needs a new turbo or a rebuild because the seals are bad.

Bottom line is, I never thought I could appreciate a Volvo, and after driving this thing, i love it. It has a shitload of miles on it, and it still runs like a dream.

I know its kind of a lame example of forced induction, but still, its my second car, and it definately will do the task of getting me around while im working on the Civic.

I have a T25 lying around, possible to bolt this up to this beast?

I could have traded my old ugly LS hatch for one of those (not tuned at all though), I feel really dumb right now, I thought they were front wheel drive so I said no.

That thing sounds wicked.

The internet is dangerous, ive already been on several sites looking at 16v head swaps and stuff of the sort.

The tranny will need work before anything else.

No shit, I always passed them up cause I thought they were FWD also. I knew about the AWD ones but I was more pressed on gettin the Audi AWD then the Volvo....which I did.

Well im definately very happy i bought this thing, LS-T Civic and now I have a project for when I get the civic done :D

all the 240/740/760/780/940 Volvos are RWD (as well as everything Volvo made before that)

they didn't go FWD until the 850's...

850R's are badass but pretty rare...and I've seen a 780 Bertone that ran high 10's

My girlfriends brother had an 850 turbo wagon, it was pretty quick when he cranked the boost up. But i still walked on him with my bolt on b16 ek.

My mom had an old 240 before she got her audi. It was so solid. Loved the thing. It was a complete tank. The exhaust went out on it and we'd roll around parking lots setting off car alarms everywhere. It was our favorite car, but at one point it was too small for us and we moved on.

I cant lie, getting the manifold/turbo out was a bitch.

Its definately a very cool car though, I'm sure I'll learn alot from it.

It was just a good deal, couldnt pass it up. Pics soon, and a 15g going in soon as well!

The 240 is the druggie's favorite car. There is a mirror in the glovebox that folds flat, and a little tray up top to seperate bud. The Corvette, however, is the drinking man's friend. The t-top tool can open bottles, the GM seatbelts can open bottles, and there are 2 seats but 4 cup holders.

^HAHAHAHAHA, thats really funny.

My dad was suprised to see me drive up in this thing and say its going to be my next project.

I must get pics up, its incredibly clean for its age.

Volvos are fucking awesome I've ALWAYS wanted to buy this one around here, it looks like the older 4-door Jettas it's black, looks so sweet and, it's a Volvo. Would make for a perfect daily driver, and probably your grandson's daily driver too.

yeah a lot of volvos are rear wheel drive up until like 93. Those volvos with minor work are actually very good cars a guy down the street with nothing but stock motor, greddy intercooler kit, and boost controller is pushing 20 psi at about 380 horses. on the stock t3 turbo.

The redblocks are known to be insanely durable. Stock internals pushed to 400whp or something like that. Thats insane.

I love the fact that it came turbocharged stock. Makes for less of a hassle when trying to make more power. Some people say that bolting on a 15g and a boost controller resulted in substantial power gains. I'm considering it.

Back