My other project's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Since I have been back in the hanger at work for the last month or so...I've be assigned these two aircraft....both are S-92's.

The Blue one is the Victoria Secret's Prez's heli, and the yellow one is for an oil company....

now that both are delivered to the customers, we have had a chance to catch our breath before the next yellow one gets out of paintshop.

But now some good pics of these helicopters are getting to the net, so I wanted to just share a few....

aaa.jpg

aab.jpg

aac.jpg

aad.jpg

aae.jpg

When I get the rest of the interior back together and hand buff the Z...then I'll take some pics.....

Plus...after the 17th....I hope to see some sweet pics and vids of my Z...drifting :ph34r:

ok so stupid question

but on those helicopter, what are you personally responsible for? cause i imagine there are more parts on there than one person could be accountable for- right? :ph34r:

yea i was wondering what your actual job is too...

do you do mechanics?
or do you do something with regards to the paintshop?
or do you assemble the aircraft?

Too much.....

I have a MFG stamp...a little stamp that says I did something, or I inspected something. If that part or area has a problem...then they track me down and I get held responsible...until I can prove otherwise.

A normal night, it will be the crew cheif, about 2-5 other mechanics....and an inspector. We open everything up, check the serviceing, inpect for any prior damage or problems, inspect for any new damage, inspect for FOD (foreign object damage) or possible FO....like rivits, screws, washers, birds, bugs, tools, anything that might cause a problem. Then we also look for leaks, fix anything that has leaked, or replaced the whole part completely.....and in about 6 hours we cover the intire ship....put it all back together, and roll it out to the flight field for its day of test flights.

and if thats not enough.....

The heli comes off the final assyemboly floor, comes into the hanger, and we take it down to the fuel dump to calibrate and leak check the fuel system. Then pull it into a huge shower area and dump way to much water on it...and find and seal any leaks, then we take the whole helicopter apart, fully clean and inspect for any FO, then put it back together and prep it for vibration's and ground run it, then calibrate the compass, then prep it for it's first test flight.....from there...it's just nothing but flying, inspecting, replaceing parts, and more flying....when it gets to the point that the problems incountered with all the flying is greatly reduced, then we prep it for paint, and strip it all down again....after paint, we recheck for water leaks, and test fly it again and again....then we prep it for it major inspection byt he govenment if its going to them, or the customer's inspection team...and once it's ok...then we install the interiors, and finish up all the other little installations needed for its final configuaration....then we sell it.

Then ship it and support it until the customer feels ok working on it by themselves.

Right now the blue heli is in England, and the yellow one is in Luisiana.

on a normal night...I'll cover the the top deck, or the tail, or the fuselage....only.....

Top deck has the engines, flight controls, main gearbox, swahplate, head, and blades.....

Tail is everything from the top of the tail to the fuselage

fuselage is landing gears, body, cabin, cockpit...etc....

My stamp goes on a lot of paperwork....and it gets stressful after a while.

Yup...Mechanik here....

Some nights we'll swap an engine, or install all the blades, swap out hydro components if they have a drip on a shaft or in a tube, or even go as far as replaceing a main gear box.....which the new yellow one is going through right now in NY, where it's getting paint..they asked all the crew cheifs if they want to go on the road trip to do that...but nobody wanted to....

When I get the wife settled in, and a decent house, then I will be on the roadtrip list.....as in......going to all the countries that we sell the heli's to...for a week, or a month, or even as the last Turkey trip was...a year.....and theres a lot of places we go to....Like England, Peru, Columbia, Thailand, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Austrailia, Isreal....any country that buys the heli has the option to have support and training for their new bird....

Got to love that extra money :lol:

man, that's freaking awesome.. beats the hell outta lowes.

Back