my random shots

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Haha, no it's pizza.

I like the look of this picture, the blurred background is awesome. We found this thing under the couch.

IMG_0425.jpg

That was this fat dirty white girl holding it , I don't have much fingernail but if I did they sure as hell wouldn't be that dirty.

icon_threadjacked.gif

and somebody needs to clean their damn fingernails

Attachments

• P3250134.JPG
    P3250134.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,544
Last edited:
did you just hijack your own thread?!?!

Srsly. You need to read about how to take pictures. (and I don't mean this in an inflamitory way)

The first mistake everyone makes, is they think that it's the camera that makes the pictures. My mom is a good example. She's bought probably 6 cameras in the past 10 years, and she calls each one a "piece of crap". Then she wonders how I can take such good pictures with the old camera that she gives to me. It's all in the technique.

A good place to start is kenrockwell.com then move on to iStockphoto's 'tip of the week'. The only way you become better is to practice. I hope your camera has rechargable batteries.

Training Manuals | iStockphoto.com << that's what I was looking for.

When you start to get the hang of taking good pictures, save everything you produce. Use a photo library application like Aperture, or LightRooom. Personally I prefer LightRoom over Aperture, it may be because Aperture sucked when it first came out and I bought into it though.

Enjoy your new hobby. And remember that it's not the equipment, it's the eyes.

SLR's are good. I'm gonna be getting a 30D here in a couple days/weeks, if dell ever decides to ship my cameras (I got 2 XTi's for $320 each, gonna flip em and my XT).

A good book on photography is Understanding Exposure. Has good tips to get you understanding how exposure, aperture and iso work together plus gives some good tips for different lighting situations.

No offense, but I wouldn't buy a book, when all that information and more is on the internets. There's plenty of free information.

I guess I just have a problem with paying for knowledge. The internet is here to spread good free knowledge.

Back