my rear lip how to (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18C5James

Well I have always wanted a rear lip on my crx and I had an 89 Si lip sitting around in my garage. I placed it up to the back of the 90 bumper and it looked like it would fit with some modification. So I went to work.

It wasn't that hard it just takes patience. I used assorted screws and bolts to hold it in place and a hair dryer to heat it up so it would keep shape. I also used a dremel with a cut off wheel to cut the lip in some spots to get it to bend correctly. Unfortunately my lip was cut up on the sides for some reason so it may look a little weird around the side edges.

First just grind off the little plastic tabs on the top of the lip so it sits flush with the bumper.

f994e774.jpg

Then line up where you are going to make your cut for the exhaust. Make sure you leave enough plastic to fold into the exhaust cut out. This gives it a much cleaner look in my opinion. Cut the lip in that spot.

Then at one corner put a screw through the under side of the lip into the bumper cover, After you line it up and have it where you want it. This will hold that end in place.
f994e6fc.jpg

This is when I heated the lip up and started to mold it to the bumper. Just rest the tabs where the lip was mounted stock along the bottom of the bumper. I used vise grips to keep it in place after I heated it up.
f994e753.jpg

This also helps when putting the screw through to keep the lip from shifting. I had to cut some of the plastic off on the underside of the lip where it bends around the bumper, because the plastic was to hard to bend here. The hardest part was molding the plastic into the exhaust cut out. I had to grind away the top of the lip and the buttom so I could get a nice even bend. Then just put a screw through the lip into the bumper on the inside of the exhaust cutout. This is the only visible screw but it is very hard to see.

f994e731.jpg

f994e715.jpg

f994e6e3.jpg

f994e6c5.jpg

I will post pics of it on my car in a few days once I get some good pics of it.

-James-

This is not an ef swap question. Please keep posts like this in the body section. I moved it there for you.

Back