My wire won't feed damnit..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
WTF...I was going to make a temp fix for my exhaust yesterday, cause the Audi is loud with the cracked flex pipe. Anyway, my old gas/flux welder just stopped working so I got an el cheapo flux core only welder. I've used one roll of wire.

I went through more than a pound/ half roll of flux core wire yesterday, trying to get that bitch to feed. It makes it 90% through the sleeve then gets stuck or feeds, lets me weld for a few inches then the wire gets chewed and it's a no go from there.

I'm using 035 flux core wire in a 4" spool, the rollers are on the 035 setting and I've adjusted the tension numerous times.

Do you think I just got a crappy roll of wire...or something else?

This is going to fuck me, I was really planning on gittin 'er done today with the temp fix until I bought some new pipes. I really don't like hearing it open header.

Opinions? Suggestions?

I'm going to go get a new roll of wire and see if that "fixes" the problem.

Nevermind...I'm stupid.

There was 2 feet .035 wire stuck in the sleeve. I got a new 1# roll of .030 anyway and some tips. I can weld again, :mrgreen: :cool: :mrgreen:

Back