N/A new style TL running the 1/4 mile.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
YouTube - 13.70 2006 TL

Is'nt to shabby for a N/A TL. keep in mind there's not a whole bunch of aftermarket support for the TL out side of like 3 different brand cold air intakes and some random computech parts like exhaust and supercharger.

This car I'm not 100% about what mods he has but I know it's N/A so my guess is intake/exhaust

His mod list.

i have thermo spacers, pro-cats,custom 3in exhuast, cold air in take, running bridgestone re030 17in ,and comptech ss,mugen thermostat and rad cap, ran this about one month ago in Mission raceways. but my fastest mph is 102mph

Calesta said:
Oh probably Comptech headers.

I know he's not supercharged not yet, guessing SS is stainless steal maybe? I dont know.

jeffie7 said:
I know he's not supercharged not yet, guessing SS is stainless steal maybe? I dont know.

Short shifter ;)

Its used in the context of stainless steel sometimes, for stainless steel brake lines which a lot of the WRX boys do but I don't hear of many honda/acura guys doing the lines.

But anyway, yeah, comptech makes short shifters for hondas.

there are quite a few people that do them to hondas, i guess most people dont think about their brakes when they swap in engines and slap on terrrboooughhhs

I judged a carshow on sunday, and there was a guy with an '02 TL w/ 100 shot... 13.2 @ 120mph... Doesn't spray until top of 2nd... CRAZY... (Saw the Timeslip)

totalburnout said:
Short shifter ;)

Its used in the context of stainless steel sometimes, for stainless steel brake lines which a lot of the WRX boys do but I don't hear of many honda/acura guys doing the lines.

But anyway, yeah, comptech makes short shifters for hondas.

Oh. That makes more sense. I never hear 'short shifter' abbreviated as 'SS'. As an engineer, SS always means stainless steel to me. The Comptech part just made me think he might have been supercharged andmeant to type SC instead of SS. I'm pretty sure Comptech's J series supercharger will fit on the TL.

it sounds pretty good! i've always liked the looks of the 04+ tl's

I hope it would run a better pass than 13.7 with a supercharger.

SS definately equals short shifter or stainless steel.

Like if you search Kartboy ss, its the short shifter I have in my car. I google'd the comptech ss to make sure and comptech does make a short shifter and supercharger, but it would be hard to mistype ss for sc.

And the TSX and TL are some of my favorite style'd cars on the road. The new mustang with fogs is really starting to look better and better to me everyday, as well.

Not really... C and S are relatively close to each other on the keyboard. You never know.

A factory TL with a pro driver does a 14.4 quarter.

So a 13.7 with an amature driver could be super charged. The car does sound a little whiny.. its hard to tell though.

Hell, I dunno, if he was supercharged he probably would have listed that before the rim size on his write up.

Last edited:
phyregod said:

So a 13.7 with an amature driver could be super charged. The car does sound a little whiny.. its hard to tell though.

Hell, I dunno, if he was supercharged he probably would have listed that before the rim size on his write up.

If he didn't gain a full second from a supercharger, he'd have to shoot himself in the face.

phyregod said:

I''ve seen 350Zs range from 13.7-14.5 in mags with pro drivers.

I've seen TLs knock off 14.1-14.5 with pro drivers

so with his mods a 13.7 is no doubt doable.

270HP + LSD makes for some fun straight line running.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. even to this day I'm still suprised at just how fast the TL is (for what it is)

its not to far behind the 350Z stock for stock at least 0-100. I've yet to have my TL over 100mph so I'm not sure how the top end would be VS the Z. the TL is a super smooth rev happy motor that keeps making power all the way up the redline so I'm guessing it would do ok.

And FYI most of the supercharged TLs seem to be running low 13s.

I've never heard of or seen a TL with a manual transmission... I'm sure he probably meant to say comptech ss headers, and forgot to put the word headers.

-Edit... foot in mouth - the new TL's have a 6 speed option... I still think it's headers though.

Last edited:
Back