N/A or FI? B18B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no your getting this all wrong, I was going to help you, but you didnt want the help by saying "I want 17" wheels to turn heads and stuff! like a idiot. you wanted a cure to you wheel hop and we gave it to you but NOOOO you didnt want to hear it, you want big ass wagon wheels on your integra.

so ask yourself what do you want? do you want a unreliable POS that snaps axles and your tires rub?or do you want a reliable functioning Honda?

Well the driver of the unreliable wagon wheeled POS doesn't want anymore of your help. You gave your advice quite a while back, and I said I still wanted 17's. The uncalled-for insults followed that. Therefore, I have your advice, this conversation is over.

dude let it go. he has gotten the point. he wants what he wants. besides bro, there are plenty of hondas on here that reliably rock 17s and larger wheels. In fact if you really wanna get down to it, you might wanna go start telling Honda themselves to quit factory equipping every car they produce now with 17's and most of the time supplying optional 18's, and 19's for the Acura TL, and RL. As for your power issue, if you want a nice quick car that b18 has gotta be screaming turbo although it is highly possible to get these numbers from an NA motor as well. Like everyone said with turbos there is basically an unlimited potential of power to push held back only by the internals and block. However b18s have been reliably putting down power numbers far higher than 250 just look at Matt's civic hatch, he's now shooting for 400 hp I believe.

Last edited:
Back to an earlier question... either an answer here or a redirection to an existing thread will work, but how difficult is a type R front bonnet conversion? What's involved?

dude let it go. he has gotten the point. he wants what he wants. besides bro, there are plenty of hondas on here that reliably rock 17s and larger wheels. In fact if you really wanna get down to it, you might wanna go start telling Honda themselves to quit factory equipping every car they produce now with 17's and most of the time supplying optional 18's, and 19's for the Acura TL, and RL. As for your power issue, if you want a nice quick car that b18 has gotta be screaming turbo although it is highly possible to get these numbers from an NA motor as well. Like everyone said with turbos there is basically an unlimited potential of power to push held back only by the internals and block. However b18s have been reliably putting down power numbers far higher than 250 just look at Matt's civic hatch, he's now shooting for 400 hp I believe.

Yeah, although 400 hp would make me giggle like a little school girl, once you start putting out those numbers you are also digging deeply into your pocket. I doubt the B18 bottom end could handle it without at least some upgrading. By keeping the figures below 300, correct me if I'm wrong, but I will probably end up leaving the motor, for the most part, in its current condition. That is, assuming the compression tests etc. come back clean. I'm taking a more conservative approach. I'm not looking to line myself up against any Ferrari's any time soon. The power gain I want is for my own personal driving experience... at least right now. If my career takes a financial turn for the better, perhaps I might start looking into hitting the track, and going for the big numbers.

Just get your self a nice B20B and a GSR transmission. As for wheels, I don't do no bigger then 16s, this is just my two cents.

I have heard mixed opinions on the LS and GSR tranny's... I have been told that with more power its more practical to have the LS transmission because the gears are taller. What is your opinion? Why do you prefer the GSR transmission over the LS's? Haha there will be no end to the questions from me. I am a toddler in the Honda scene.

I have heard mixed opinions on the LS and GSR tranny's... I have been told that with more power its more practical to have the LS transmission because the gears are taller. What is your opinion? Why do you prefer the GSR transmission over the LS's? Haha there will be no end to the questions from me. I am a toddler in the Honda scene.
If you looking to stay all motor then you will want a GS-R or B16 tranny for the shorter gears. This will mean you will accelerate better then a LS tranny. If you know for sure you will go turbo then stay with a LS tranny for the longer gears.

I had a B20 with a B16 tranny and it was a fast little Civic, ran high 8s in the 1/8 mile with it as well. Was a all motor setup too.

Yes you can roll around in 17's 18's and 19's but why would you want to? have you ever had big rims on any car??? most of the time you rub the side wall and fuck up the tire and make it unsafe! plus your braking goes to shit too! Plus when they come factory they are made for that sized wheels. This is a integra, came with 15" wheels why in the hell would you put 3" bigger wheels? Think about it people!

THEN you say you want to go turbo on a car that turns like shit and slows down like shit??? WHY?? Do you want to kill yourself and other people??

The only reason I'm giving you a hard time is because your gonna fuck up your shit and maybe fuck up another persons life because of your stupidity.

WTF is this thread of the noobs?? do you guys really think this is right? Plus we shouldnt have to spoon feed you. Google search, read and listen! If your not going to listen to what knowledgeable people have to say the GTFO!

If you really felt that way you would have stopped paying attention to this thread a long time ago. The way I see it your just here to stir the pot so please stop adding to it. I understand where your coming from, but here's my two bits back your way. My car's wheels don't rub. The braking and accelerating is no doubt on par or better because they are aluminum rims, and not heavy in the slightest. The tire wear on my old rubber is completely normal. My reason for asking so many questions is because learning something from someone who knows from experience is far more reliable than trusting what some joe blow says on a googled link. If you don't want to answer my seemingly dumb questions than unsubscribe from this thread. If you are going to continue on as you have been than unsubscribe from this thread. I don't appreciate it and your ruining the thread for everyone else.

Last edited:
have you searched the almighty google? or perhaps the teggy forum on here?

i havent seen a thread for what ur asking on the bonnet. but i do know that u can boost a b18 9psi stock wo any internals. my buddy has one that has stock internals all except for vtec killer cams he installed and his p n p head.. his car is pretty fast.. oh and the fast n furious cars are awesome as hell. if i had the money i would build me one like it and im 31 lol .. do ur thing bro

Thank you. Is there alot involved when you install new cams? Does the motor need to be retuned? A friend of mine told me about the LS vtec conversion, but he didnt know enough about it for me to learn anything helpful. I understand you would have to change the head, and the cam assembly obviously.. Would the vtec head bolt up to my B18B1?

yw, not to much involved w changing cams, jus have to reset the timing. there is a post on a conversion to vtec ill see if i can find and and post in a few...

thanks. I did some separate research, and they told me i had to drill a hole in my block. screw that lol.. from the sounds of things a turbo kit is WAY easier.

You could still do some cams from a vtec head in a non vtec head I believe. Gsr cams are supposed to be a pretty nice upgrade over ls cams. But if you're looking at throwing a turbo on it you definitely have the right motor. 9.5:1 comp. which is low in relativity to the other bseries motors. Turbos involve quite a bit of work too though. Routing oil lines, tapping oil pan, tuning the car, fitting in the intercooler piping and cooler itself, most likely you'll need to swap out your full size rad for a half size.

i dont trust the stock integra rad anyways.. i was going to get an a/m aluminum rad... wait why half size? not enough room?

Back