N00B here... mini me turbo ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

charlesb2003

hey guys, i've owned many hondas and acuras before, but i'm new to civics... just got a 93 dx coupe with a d15b7. i'm thinking about doing the mini me vtec head swap and a small turbo. any suggestions on a turbo kit or what would i need to make one myself? i want to keep p/s and a/c.

also, which d16 head would be better for the swap - z6 or y8? i know that the swap will raise compression, which could make it harder to tune the turbo. i'm shooting for 180-200 whp, in a comfortable, daily driven, air conditioned car. it's hot as balls in new orleans in summer and i can't lose the a/c. is this realistic?

buy a 92-99 z6 or y8 long block and boost that

and if you search youll find out all you need to know

honda-tech has a lot more info on this than HS

thanks for the reply! the main reason i was interested in the mini-me head swap was to not have to take the whole engine out, as i don't have a hoist and i wanted to do all the work myself. if i was gonna swap engines, i'd just pony up and get a b18 and call it a day. i'll keep searching thru the forums and see what i can find...

Ds are sweet builds and cheap to replace. why dont you just turbo whats in it until it blows. then get the long block.

while you wait, you can buy a cherry picker at a flea market new for +/-120 bucks

Back