n00bie, pre-engine swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

USNefsi

Hey recently bought a stock 89 civic si 1.6lt from an older lady, and it needs a new muffler, I plan on engine swapping it in the future, so I was curious if I should just buy an aftermarket exhaust system and still be able to use it for the swap say a b18c maybe? Or hust buy a stock muffler.

And what else could I modify on my car thatll improve performance but will be able to keep after a swap?

The engine has 190k on it or else I wouldn't be considering a swap sometime. Thanks for your time :)

An upgraded exhaust is a great place to start, and should be interchangeable providing its a cat back system.

Welcome to the honda world. :D

Last edited:
Your exhaust will be bought for the car, and will fit both motors, so it's ok to buy now even while saving for a swap.

Otherwise, focus on chassis stuff like wheels, suspension, brakes, etc that won't be replaced as most things won't cross over when you swap.

An upgraded exhaust is a great place to start, and should be interchangeable providing its a cat back system.

Welcome to the honda world. :D

Sounds good thanks for the help.

Back