Na Setups

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sLoWgUy

Ok i got a question for u guys...what do u think would be the fastest NA setup...remember its gotta be daily driven...i have built motors before for friends...but i want to know if you guys have any new ideas. Also is 12:1 compression too high for 91 octane? I was thinking about going turbo, buts it looks like it might be over my budget, so i might stick to NA. A couple of my friends have had good luck with semi built B16's, but its time to break'em off :D . Any info would help !

"....that shit is for NA loosers boost owns them" <- too much money to boost :angry:

high compression, good air/fuel flow, strong top and bottom, no detonation, all that goodie stuff. A 12:1 CR is very high for 91 octane. a 11.5:1 is good enough for daily driven. the first time i had 12.5:1, i couldn't go no where. i had to go buy racing fuel to power up the engine. so i slapped on 11.5:1 with 93 oc.

I have a quick question...does anyone know what the compression ratio of a B16 with ctr pistons is? Thanks for the info guys, so wait a minute...pissedoffsol i can run 13:1 comp. on 91 octane? How the bleep do u do that? Is the timing totally retarted or what? Whats your guys estimated HP on a B16 with 11.5:1 pistons in it? Thanks for the info guys ! :D

12.5:1 you had to run race gas??

I don't know why but it runs shitty, so i slapped on the ITR, i ran very well, then slap on the 12.5 again and pushed it down with 93 and then it runs shitty, then poured some raing gas in it, runs very strong, and every time i add 93 octane, it's a piece of shit.

Originally posted by rsaeini@May 8 2003, 08:08 AM
correct me if i'm wrong but a stock B16 with CTR pistons has like 10.8:1, right?

no, its more like 11.6:1, the b16a and b16b blocks are different, b16b block is the same as the b18c5/r block

mainly if u want a strongly built engine:

1) bolt ons
2) internals
3) ignition
4) fuel

follow those 4 steps completely and u should have a well built racer as well as daily driver!!!!!!! but also find a mech that is trustworthy and dependable 2!!!!!! but those r tha 4 basic guidelines 2 follow when building a truly strong n/a engine my friend!!!!! ;) :D B) :ph34r: :worthy:

Hey guys lets not forget Tuning. When it comes to All Motor 5 hp can make a difference. Also I am going to have to disagree on the H series as being the way to go. The fastest NA honda runs on a B series with a factory intake manny. Tuning, Traction, and my favorite Power to Weight ratio, the H is a hog but has great tq down low.

Tuned right you can run slightly higher compression like in the higher 12's on 93 pump but it has to be tuned right. I say go with the B since it has a lot more aftermarket support than the H series.

Milan

Well for those that don't know me I will at least post my last setup.

92 Dark Blue EG hatchy
B16a stock longblock (done by me of course and no one else)
WS apex exhaust
ITR ported header
test pipe
faux AEM CAI wrapped with heat resistant tape with Blitz filter
P28 w/ Skunk2 program (5700vtecX, 8500limit)
Fidanza Flywheel
Stage 1 ACT
UR crank pulley
GSR welded end tanks radiator
Spoon thermo
Spoon drain (tranny+oil)
No AC
No Powersteering
Gutted inside (only thing inside was two seats, door panels and dash)
EK sideviews
Kosei K1's 15's painted nice FLAT FLAT Black
CF Hood
No bumpers (front or rear)

All of this got me 13.3@103 which isn't too shabby, The best kill I ever had was actually my last race with this ride before I sold it to some kid from Texas who flew in to buy it. But I ran a brand new M3, yes i said M3. We both went from a 1st roll and by the top of 110 I was 1.5 ahead of him. Loved the expression on his face though after the race when he asked me if I was spraying. I let him inspect everything in my ride and when he actually didn't find a bottle he gave me the thumbs up But all in all it was a nice kill.

Future plans: Currently I drive what I call the cheese wagon. It's a beat up 88 EF hatch DX, my AC just went (go figure) and it runs like shit. I am currently looking for another EG hatch in white though. Project plans are mid to low 12 second ALL Motor car again. Except this time with either a 1.8/2.0 built motor. So you local peeps in Boca, if you see a dropped non tinted hatchy like the one darren C. used to have, watch out, or atleast give a good run.

Milan

Back