Nasty Knock from Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RFHOMI2U

Loud ass knock coming from D16A6, doesn't do it when engine is cold for the first 20 minutes. Then it gets really loud. Engine starts really hard when it's cold. Seems like it runs on 3 cyl. cold for 15 min. I increased fuel on the AFC, and knock went away, but car started stalling and running like shit. Any suggestions on what could be wrong???

oh yea.... getting code 3 and 6 (temp guage reads right, and code 3 is MAP sensor)

if it was a mechanical problem (such as bent rod or spun bearing), the noise would not go away with an increase of fuel on the afc.

you might just have a bad tank of gas, fouled plugs or a messed up map sensor.

I don't think theres a possibility of any of that stuff. Is there a possibility that an injector could be fouled? because if I increased the fuel, and it forced more fuel into the bad cylinder maybe that fixed the problem. But it started breaking up, maybe because the other injectors were putting in too much fuel. So you think it might be an injector?? I should check that...

Back