need a freebie here...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
I would like to set up a basic discussion board on my website. Nothin too too elaborite, but something where you would have to login in order to post etc...

Are there any "freebies" out there on the net anyone can reccomend? sp...

I dont want to pay anything....just kinda "plug and play" type board so to speak. I dont program, I dont know pearl from my ass from a hole in the ground.

just something simple.

or can you reccomend a search on kazaa for me to do?

k thnks

and no, im not creating a "import performance" chat board.....just a lil som' som' to further my puported "net business"

and something with a good visual appeal...

i tried google....and their "freebies" are rudimentary looking to say the least.

try dk3.com

its php, free BUT has an assload of pop-ups with it. it does an OK job.

ugh...

from looking at some of the "freebies" out there....

im getting the feeling that a discussion board on a website is a complicated thing for someone who has rudimentary knowledge of website design?

help :blink:

i think invision board cost buckoo bucks...

and i think it requires the expertise of brian to install it and make it run.

isnt there a discussion board for dummies?

IPB has a free version, no banners or popups in it.. oyu host it.. only thing you have to do is add THEIR copywrite at the bottom along with yours. That is it.. y0

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Feb 4 2004, 10:14 PM
I dont know pearl from my ass from a hole in the ground.

pearl = jewlery.
perl = programming language for cgi's and old school mod-perl DB.
asshole in the ground = IDB?

:lol:

invision is free. i gave you the link.
its what we use.

its the best, the fastest, and has the most support.
moreover, its coded well. and spits out xhtml transitional with a clear DTD. you won't find that anywhere else.

Back