Need a laptop part... HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

So I scored a Free Athlon XP Pavillion Laptop from work... With no hard drive... :cry: So I bought the Hard Drive, but I noticed I need the caddy & adapter for it...

Anybody know where to score one? It converts it from a 2.5 pinout hard drive to a female slot...

noah ebay would be your cheapest bet...

actually i might be able to score one for you at work tomorrow for free, lemme look. all the pavilions share the base with the omnibooks and they all use those ghey propietary adapters.

there are different adapters for different models... This one looks like the female end of an old school 5.25" floppy adapter.

Ordered it... Cross Referenced against a Compaq Laptop... $45 for the caddy & connector...

So I have paid $90 for the hard drive, $18 for the WiFi card, and $45 for the caddy...

So I have paid $150 for an HP Pavilion laptop with:

* 15-inch color XGA TFT display with maximum resolution of 1024 x 768
* Mobile AMD Athlon 1700+ XP processor with PowerNow! technology
* 512 KB level 2 processor cache
* 256 MB DDR SDRAM with a speed rating of 266 MHz
* Memory can be expanded to 1024 MB
* 266 MHz frontside bus
* 40 GB enhanced IDE hard drive
* 24x8x8x8 DVD-ROM+CD-RW combo drive
* ATI Mobility Radeon 4X AGP graphics
* 64 MB DDR SDRAM video memory (shared)
* 16-bit Sound Blaster Pro-compatible audio
* 2 Altec Lansing internal speakers
* Integrated 56 Kbps modem (V.90/V.92)
* Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN
* 2 USB 1.1 ports
* Parallel port (25-PIN)
* PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
* RJ-11 modem port
* RJ-45 Ethernet port
* Microphone input
* Stereo headphone jack
* VGA output (15-pin)
* S-video output
* CardBus-enabled PC card slot (type II or III)
* Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
* Built-in, 8-cell lithium ion battery with low battery warning
* Universal AC adapter
* 88-key, full-size keyboard
* Touch pad with vertical scrolling pad
* Weighs 7.25 pounds including battery
* 12.96"L x 10.72"W x 1.57"D
* 1-year limited hardware warranty
* Software includes Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, Norton Anti-Virus, WordPerfect 10, Quattro Pro 10, InterVideo WinDVD, HP PhotoSuite ToolKit, Roxio Easy CD Creator and MusicMatch Jukebox

No USB 2.0, and no built in firewire... But for FREE!???! BADASS! I will finally be able to ditch the P2-300 home computer!

Anybody wanna buy a P2-300 Sony Vaio Video Editing Station? First computer to ever have FireWire!!!

This is for the wife... its more than enough for her... I'm just sick of her bitching about how slow the home computer is...

Back