NEED A MOTOR!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitelightning

Looking for a swap for my 95 civic. Need to know how much hp is in a d15b SOHC VTEC... or what would be a better motor for my car... it is my daily driver but i need some hp... only have a d15 nonvtec right now and it is slower than shit... i am looking at a couple of motors... a d15b, d16b, b16a... which one would be the best for my money cuz i dont have too much of that... :spin:

ok i been there and they didnt have very much and they all looked kinda expensive... is b16 the 170 hp engine??? how much does that run you

also how easy is it going to be to swap.. am i going to need to get the full changeover??? or will some parts bolt on?? :worthy:

Jesus Christ, fucking noobs... goddamn Im getting so pissed at the sheer stupidty.

1. READ THE FAQ'S
2. SEARCH THIS SITE, AND OTHERS
3. PRICE SEARCH FOR THE ENGINE YOU WANT
4. THEN POST, WITH TECHNICAL QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS YOU ARE SEEKING.

How hard is this to do?

i agree with integraguy up here above me... but to add to all that... if you think hmotorsonline.com has high prices, i doubt you'll find a better one. if you don't like the prices, talk to steve. he'll help you out.

but please... for god's sake... look around.

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Nov 19 2003, 12:19 PM
Jesus Christ, fucking noobs... goddamn Im getting so pissed at the sheer stupidty.

1. READ THE FAQ'S
2. SEARCH THIS SITE, AND OTHERS
3. PRICE SEARCH FOR THE ENGINE YOU WANT
4. THEN POST, WITH TECHNICAL QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS YOU ARE SEEKING.

How hard is this to do?

kwityerbitchin about noobies. Either answer his question politely or pass his thread over. Didn't we just have a long ass thread about doing shit like this to noobies?

white lightning -

The b16a is a pretty sweet motor. From my research, it ranges from 160hp to 170hp. I tried a lot of online sites (ebay as well), and the median price for it was about 1,300 (including shipping).

I would love to do the same things with my car, but I got a 91 civic with an automatic transmission (and though it may seem stupid to many), I want to leave it like that. Maybe an ECU will help....well, thats something else.

Good luck with the project!

GomezKun :ph34r:

Maybe white lightning should post whore for a while until he gets up around 1,000 posts. Apparently that is all that it takes to make people think that you actually know something about cars, life, women, etc, etc,. But what do I know...I'm just a FUCKING NOOBIE also, eh?

Originally posted by Fastciv@Nov 19 2003, 01:07 PM
Maybe white lightning should post whore for a while until he gets up around 1,000 posts. Apparently that is all that it takes to make people think that you actually know something about cars, life, women, etc, etc,. But what do I know...I'm just a FUCKING NOOBIE also, eh?

someone is a little bitter! whitelightning sorry about being jumpy, but you should try to search this site, Honda-acura.net, honda-tech.com and local forums for people who have a B16A Sir2 becuase the SiR2 is Obd1 (I believe) and it is just a matter of bolting straight into your chassis, minus wiring it's straight forward from what I've read! hope I helped.

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3+Nov 19 2003, 06:23 PM-->
@Nov 19 2003, 01:07 PM

someone is a little bitter! whitelightning sorry about being jumpy, but you should try to search this site, Honda-acura.net, honda-tech.com and local forums for people who have a B16A Sir2 becuase the SiR2 is Obd1 (I believe) and it is just a matter of bolting straight into your chassis, minus wiring it's straight forward from what I've read! hope I helped.

Sorry for the bitterness...no harm intended. I spend most of my time on here reading and learning about imports. It aggravates me to see people flaming each other because they don't know something. We were all noobs once, and there was a time when we didn't know about cars, etc, either. Like I said...no harm intended..just defending a fellow noob.

nippon-motors.com has decent deals but only a few complete swaps. so you might end up having to look around for bit and pieces.

HEY LISTEN FUCKS... IM NOT A COMPLETE RETARD YOU DONT THINK I HAVE SHOPED AROUND... MAYBEY YOU SHOULD READ A LITTLE MORE... I HAVE LOOKED AT THE FAQS, AND I HAVE LOOKED ON EBAY AND I HAVE LOOKED AT HMOTORSONLINE.COM... WHATS YOU GOD DAMN PROBLEM... ITS NOT LIKE YOU WERE BORN WITH ALL THIS FUCKING KONWLEGE ABOUT CARS SO QUITE ACTING LIKE YOUR 2 AND YOU KONW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KONW... I JUST ASKED A FREINDLY QUESTION... WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO A MAKE PEOPLE FEEL LIKE IF YOUR NOT UP TO SNUF ON ALL THE LATEST IMPORT KONWLEGE THEN THEY SHOULDNT BE IN THE GAME... YOUR NOT ROYALTY TO THIS FAD... SO PISS OF YA FUCKING WANKERS AND POST IF YOUR NOT GOING TO HELP!!!!!!! :fuckyou2: :fuckyou3: :fuckyou:

You my friend are OUT OF FUCKING LINE!!!! We answered your question, even though it was a retarded noob question. You were apologized too for the flamed response. Grow the fuck up or never post here again...Also, a response like that is not going to get your question answered.

WOW THIS BOARD IS GOING STRAIGHT TO THE SHITTER WITH WASTED POSTS LIKE THIS. Sorry for the CAPS. I Agree with both sides here, but really, how hard is it just to stick to what we all meet here for in the first place...THE PERFORMANCE Aspect of Hondas.....or did we all forget already. Too many TESTOSTICLES round here...

HEY LISTEN FUCKS... IM NOT A COMPLETE RETARD YOU DONT THINK I HAVE SHOPED AROUND... MAYBEY YOU SHOULD READ A LITTLE MORE... I HAVE LOOKED AT THE FAQS, AND I HAVE LOOKED ON EBAY AND I HAVE LOOKED AT HMOTORSONLINE.COM... WHATS YOU GOD DAMN PROBLEM... ITS NOT LIKE YOU WERE BORN WITH ALL THIS FUCKING KONWLEGE ABOUT CARS SO QUITE ACTING LIKE YOUR 2 AND YOU KONW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KONW... I JUST ASKED A FREINDLY QUESTION... WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO A MAKE PEOPLE FEEL LIKE IF YOUR NOT UP TO SNUF ON ALL THE LATEST IMPORT KONWLEGE THEN THEY SHOULDNT BE IN THE GAME... YOUR NOT ROYALTY TO THIS FAD... SO PISS OF YA FUCKING WANKERS AND POST IF YOUR NOT GOING TO HELP!!!!!!!
:emofo:

Originally posted by whitelightning@Nov 19 2003, 10:24 AM
Looking for a swap for my 95 civic. Need to know how much hp is in a d15b SOHC VTEC... or what would be a better motor for my car... it is my daily driver but i need some hp... only have a d15 nonvtec right now and it is slower than shit... i am looking at a couple of motors... a d15b, d16b, b16a... which one would be the best for my money cuz i dont have too much of that... :spin:

so, to get back on topic, how much money do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back