need advice on which tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Johnnylawless

I have a 95 dx coupe with ITR swap and getting shitty 1/4 times(15.2) because I can't hookup. yea tried the clutch feather trick, low RPM Launch ETC.
It comes down to needing a soft compound for the tires outside of Drag Slicks or Drag Radials.
How are Toyos,Falkens ETC.
Any others to consider?
Thanks,JIM

tires are 1 thing...

the car, is another.

if you don't have a good suspension with good dampening, a tire isn't going to do shit.
if you have excessive wheel hop, a tire isn't going to do shit.

street tires are not drag radials, nor slicks. most "good sticky" street tires are horrible for drag racing. its like trying to take a 10-speed in the woods. it wasn't designed for that.

and moreover, your bling bling 17's don't help.
40 profile tire = lame traction at best.

sell 'em.
get some 15x7s and a 205/50/15 tire - even the same brand - and i bet you pull a 14.9.

what's your 60' looking like?

whats the best tire to use for drag racing that is not designed or intended for drag racing?????????????

remember when you were young and people always told you: "there are no stupid questions"
welp they lied
THAT is a stupid question

Thanks for everybodys replies.I just bought a set of Yokohama ES100 215/40ZR17
I was raining when I got them put on and am very happy with thier traction
Can't wait til it dries out :p

if you'd listen to what people tell you , your going to find out that your 17" tire aren't gonna do crap for you. It takes more power/torque to spin a 17" rim.

What you need is a 15x7 ultra-light weight wheel , and a drag radial compound tire
like a BFGoodrich Comp T/A 295/65R15 or g-Force T/A drag radial 225/50R15 , these tires have enough grip to help a 750hp big block chevy car or a supra, they'll have way more than enough grip to help out a honda.

you want a wide tire with a medium sized side wall and if you don't want the tire slipping on the rim, not that a honda has enough torque to do it, you'll want to beed lock the tire, do a nice burnout in the wet box to warm the tires up.

as B. said if you've got wheel hop, you might be looking at needing some front suspension work, Z10 Engineering Radius Arms setup.

your just not going to get results with 17's a honda doesn't have enough balls , now if you were driving a Supra or a Porsche you'd have no problems

Back