need an exhaust

Which Exhaust System should I use with 96 VTEC Lude?

• RS*R Exmag GTII

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thermal Research

• Invidia SUS304

• 5zigen Fireball

• Apexi

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Noise doesnt matter; it could be loud or quiet, i just want more power. Lookin for best bang for buck also. Also I can install the exhausts my self, but if i go to the muffler shop they will also charge labor(btw their pipes kinda suck, but since its cheap you can replace them).

Im open to suggestions. Also, if you know of some, post some dynos. thx.

I'm a big fan of straight through designs. I have a A'PEXi Dunk on my '00 civic EX, and I run an A'PEXi N1 on my b16 hatch. I just went and got the universal exhaust and had a local shop do my piping. Since I live in FL and we don't have inspections, I took my cat out and replaced with a test pipe. Both exhausts are obnoxiously loud from 4k to redline.

I have read alot of good things about the Invidia exhaust, I would look into that!

You said you can install the exhaust yourself. Does that mean you can weld it all up? If you can do that or have a buddy weld it up then get a custom exhaust kit from www.kteller.com It's $225 for a mandrel bent 3 inch stainless steel exhaust kit.

Ok ive looked into the invidia, and can only find reviews for one car, 350z, and on that it gained 10.1hp and 5.3lb torque. the invidia looks to have the same pipe diameter as the rsr; 60mm. right now im leaning towards the rs-r because of the slip fittings.

3" is a little too big; im keepin it all motor. rs-r also look like it has a straight-through design. theres an image of it here; http://www.importfan.com/product.asp?0=0&1=0&3=5036

Well kteller.com he does sell 2.25 inch exhaust. What's a good size for all motor anyways? I never pay attention to that all motor stuff. Pretty cheap for straight throgh exjaust if ya ask me compared to name brand stuff.

its look alright, but i have the budget for specific-designed exhaust, so thats what i want right now. most hp/tq i can get. i might put that on the accord though, needs new pipes anyway. :)

Originally posted by I3ackfire@Jun 14 2004, 10:34 AM
I have read alot of good things about the Invidia exhaust, I would look into that!

You are a smart man I will have my dyno within a month, but after I put it on it felt more responsive and more high end power. I got the full Cat Back system for $400. By the way Invidia use to make RSR for RSR so they know what the f*** they are doing.

I was looking at both the RSR and Invidia for my 350Z as with a few others

I bought the Invidia and Im happy with it

pic a muffler and go to your local shop, price should be 300 for piping and muff

Back