Need D series help fast!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welfare

Ancient Member
my brother blew his d16y7 but wants to keep the vtec head, we have 2 different engines that we could use the blocks from, one is a crx hf engine (don't know the engine code but think its d15b6) and the other is a d15b8 (CX) engine. Which one of these would be easier to put the y7 head on? I know we had alot of problems putting an a6 head on a zc because the holes for the head bolts didn't line up, but what about these engines?? Compression ratio and power gain is not an issue here, its just a daily driver, also will the oil pan work on these engines??

I jsut need to know if d series engines are like b series engines with their compatability of parts and how they can interchange, let me know asap, we have to have the car back going by monday

Yeah the b8 block would have to be the one. Because the b6 block only has two valve reliefs on each piston. Whereas your y7 head has 4 valves per piston.

And y7's dont have vtec its the y8 that has vtec.

I just got off the phone with him, its a y7 block with z6 head, so basically Im just gonna tear it all apart and see what fits, Thanks anyway, its hard to get answers to questions when I don't even know what to ask, and when I don't even know what he has in that thing.
Thanks anyway!

Back