Need everyones oppinion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tphan4

I need everyones oppinion:

Trading my wheels 15 inch rota slipstreams for a 92 civic hatchback shell

the rotas are white and can be seem on my www.cardomain.com/id/tphan4

and my friend heres the deal with the shell

1. the paint is faded
2. its automatic
3. motor is blown
4. dent in rear quarterpanel
3. may need a door

positive - car has minimum rust and Im in New England and thats rare and hatch has interior

but basically a bare shell that needs work
only problem I have is have no wheels

Id make a poll but Im more curious as to your reasons so lemme know

i wouldn't do it. if it was a five speed, then yeah i'd be all over it and would trade for it, but since it an auto then i wouldn't even consider it. thats just my 2 cents.

He needs a door and there is a dent?

Pass it up. Sounds like a headache.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Jan 12 2005, 03:05 AM
How's the interior and suspension? Has the car been in any accidents?
[post=444414]Quoted post[/post]​

interior is fine...suspension is stock..hasnt been touched....no accident in the car...just the owner blew the motor and has been trying to sell the shell for $500 for about 6 months now and almost no one wants an automatic car....

and to the person before I dont have steelies....would love to buy some if anyone has them local to Mass?

and yes a shell for wheels....guess he needs wheels and cant sell his shell???

so far sounds like two definite yes and two definite no

hmm....

Fuck yeah, jump on it. Go buy some steelies or something. Besides, the auto-manual conversion can't be that hard.

You should be able to find decent cheap rims for it right away. I can lend you a set of old 14" Acura alloy rims for the short term if you go for it.

you're a fucking idiot if you don't do it.

period.

seriously tho sounds like a good deal man. Sounds like a nice little project

depends on what yoru plans are.. you gonna put a stock motor back in it and sell it?

or you gonna make it a project car.

if your up to a project, then do it cause you can always get another set of rims. I agree its a steal (rims for a shell)

do the trade: ~400
fix the body work: ~ 200 ish if you can score some body panels
maaco paint job: ~250
92-95 dx longblock/motor: $200 tops for a complete swap.. these aren't worth shit. keep it auto with the stock tranny. :p
misc things: 200 bucks.

sell the car for 3000-3500 to some college chick:
3000-1200 = 1800 profit.

yea the deals pretty much finalized...so some of you will see it at the meet in spring and nedragway...
hell I might try autox this year

as for the coupe ( www.cardomain.com/id/tphan )
thats pretty much gonna sit in my driveway motorless...untill spring..unless someone wants to give me a good offer

other than that peace thanks for the output all - t

Back