Need Expert Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cpartain

Hey Guys, I am new to the forum and I have a question. I have a 1990 CRX Si that I bought. It already has a b18a (I think) from a 92 Integra LS. I am wanting to do some upgrades on it and possibly thinking of turbo. I live right down the road from HybridRacing.com in Louisiana and all those guys keep telling me is K20 K20. LoL. Too much for my blood tho. What I want is a good set up for SCCA autocross, thats my attention grabber. Not too interested in drag racing, but would be nice lol. What would be a pretty good route to go with this. I am talking front to back, motor, clutch, brakes etc. Another question, If I did order a new clutch it would have to be the one for an Integra right, not CRX?? Thanks for the advice, dont beat me up too bad for my ignorance. LoL. ~OnE~.

well from what your wonting to do it sounds like your going in the right direction just beef the motor you got up a little more. and yes you will have to buy for a integra motor/tranny 90-93

Based on the fact that you type a paragraph better than anyone else i've read tonight, you're a smart guy, you're gona do the research and figure this one out without a problem.
Checkout Ryan's CRX Page for some B-Series how-to's and parts lists. There's also a K write up LOL
Basically don't spend your life savings. Figure out how much power you enjoy and don't worry about bein faster than the other guy. I'm actually really happy with my d16z6. I may turbo it toward summer, but I don't feel like it needs it.

I'm not sure about this, but wern't the 92+ teg trannies hydro? You should check and see if your transmission is hydro or cable before buying a clutch. If its cable, you need one for a 90-91 Teg, if its hydro, you need one for a 92-93 Teg.

It's more likely they used a cable transmission. If you see a big cut aluminum pulley on your transmission, then it might be hydro. (hasport cable to hydro adapter)
Otherwise it's not.

Hey thanks guys for your advice. As far as the transmission it is a cable tranny so it must be from a 90-91 integra. What I am trying to do is accent the motor I already have. I have heard of the Ls/Vtec conversion but that sounds like it could possibly be too much of a headache for vtec and a higher rev limiter when I could invest money elsewhere in the car. Another question I have is what kind of inline fuel pump should I use. I have a 11 gallon fuel cell for the back hatch but I am not sure if I should go with the in tank pump or an inline. Any Advice?? Thanks again.

11 gallons?!? lol why not use the stock tank. Not sure about inline pumps but walbro is a good brand, not sure what they carry for the application.

if you're runnin turbo you're probably going to change the internals anyway. You can boost 8lbs on the stock B18a pretty safely if you have it tuned BEFORE boosting (at all). P&P the head for better results, upgrade to a PR3 head (b16/itr) and P&P it for even better results. GL

Well see with the tank thats what I thought too, but I seem to have some sort of fuel delivery problem. I can run the tank till its right on E but then go to fill it up and only be able to put around 8 gallons into it. Thats why I got the fuel cell. The PR3 head is a Vtec head correct? I am not sure if I want to go with a Vtec application yet. My wife is buying a 98 Integra so I think I will play with her Vtec while she sleeps. LoL.

I'm not sure about this, but wern't the 92+ teg trannies hydro? You should check and see if your transmission is hydro or cable before buying a clutch. If its cable, you need one for a 90-91 Teg, if its hydro, you need one for a 92-93 Teg.

No, the 94+ teg had a hydraulic transmission. The 90-93 were cable.

Just invest in a cable b16 tranny.If you plan on anykind of autocrossing or racing that LS tranny is going to suck.

Ok. So where would I find a cable b16? (which car) Another question what precautions should I take when prepping the engine for turbo. I have heard people say bulletproof the bottom end?? Lil Confused. What size pistons should I look into. If I am gonna leave this car up for a lil while I wanna take care of as much as possible. The reason I dont wanna go out and buy a b16 motor or anything like that is because i have 3 other b18a1s now that were given to me for spare parts and what not. Thanks alot for your advice. ~OnE~

Any 90-93 JDM Integra XSi, the USDM 92-93 Integra GSR has a transmission that will work. Plus various JDM Civics (someone more knowledgable about them will tell you which ones exactly).

Are there any LSD cable trannies? I know... probably a stupid question.

at this point you will need to use this very website to find your answers. browse the reference section, there is a lot of useful information in there.

Back