need help building a LS VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dubrideslow

i am about to build a ls vtec motor for my 91 integra i hae read a number of things on this but they all say to use pistons from different b series motors my problem is this i plan to build the botom end of my motor (b18a1) with a crower stroker kit which will increase my displacement to 2.2 liters and give me a compesion of 12 to 1 and i want to run about a 75 to 10 shot of nitrous to this if neone can give me any suggestion to wether this would make my engine a omb waiting to happen or nething that could help it would be apprecated

first things first....

LS/VTEC is potent enough...ave the money for the stroker kit, and build internals for the 100 shot. Anything over 10:1 is not really supposed to run on 91 octane. Honda is a God as far as ALL MOTOR goes and have built motors that reliably run 11.0:1 and run on pump gas...this is thanks to a lot of knock retard and ignition timing modifications.

12:1 WILL need something other than pump gas...combine that with nitrous and you're looking at retarding the crap out of your timing. Then the whole 2.2 liter deal comes in...you'll need to match the upped displacement with correct injectors based on your BSFC (somewhere around .50-.55 off the bottle). So now you either need an MSD 6AL with an ignition retard or you need to manually adjust timing to squeeze, which is no fun.

There's a lot of factors in this bro...unless you can build a motor from the ground up and know all the equations to keep this thing from detonating and pre-igniting left and right, I'd save the money from the stroker and go with a nicely forged LS/VTEC and run a ton of bottle (WET, WET, WET, not dry system). There's a lot to consider here....e-mail me if you really want to do the build and I'll do my best to help you not blow the motor up, lol...

-B

lovemybseries@aol.com

Back