Need Help - Can't Remove Ignition Key

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

em05184

My son replaced the auto trans with a manual on his Honda Civic. When we turn the ignition off we can not remove the key. Since he is presently in Iraq my workaround is to disconnect the battery and this resets the cylinder. Is there a way to disconnect the cylinder to prevent this from occurring or should I check for a short. Not sure if he had this problem after the engine/trans swap.

Thanks for any info

Put the gear selector switch which should be under the center console where the original auto tranny shifter was, and put it into park and glue it there permenantly. That will fix it. Good Luck.

Quoted post[/post]]
My son replaced the auto trans with a manual on his Honda Civic. When we turn the ignition off we can not remove the key. Since he is presently in Iraq my workaround is to disconnect the battery and this resets the cylinder. Is there a way to disconnect the cylinder to prevent this from occurring or should I check for a short. Not sure if he had this problem after the engine/trans swap.

Thanks for any info

Thanks for the Info - I'll try it this weekend.

Back