need help car keeps misfiring at complete stop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9jdmguy

well my heater hose busted and to needed to change it, i couldnt get to the hose so i had to take off the distributor. when i put it back on it ran fien for a couple of days and now its starts to misfire really bad and throwing out a random misfire code. i tried to fix the timing and put it on the tdc mark and still misfiring. it also starts really rough, backfires from the throttle and idles at like 400..any help would be appreciated....

might sound different but chack the ohm load of the coild pack. i had the same thing happen to me.......wouldnt idle too well at a stop light....check the ohm load...and buy a haynes manual.

Check the ohm load? Ohm's do not have a load, simply because Ohm's = resistance.

Your problem is probably in the distributor/timing.

my bad thats what i was brought up to say. ne ways ek9jdmguy u really need a haynes manual helps a tons.

for it to back fire out of the intake manifold it's igniting the gas before the intake valves are closed, you really need to set the TDC correctly.

Get a timing light, take off the timing belt cover, and set the timing on the distributor. t3t4 is right, it should be 16deg btdc, and after you get it set properly, you'll be going pretty good. My suggestion is to try to get it set properly before you fire it up again, otherwise you'll end up with a lot more problems, like cooked intake valve stems, or fried injectors.

You should be able to rent a timing light from autozone or some place similiar.

found out wut it was a buddy of mines that is a tech at honda in elk grove, ca came and figured that the timing jump really bad and the head gasket was leaking air from the combuston chambers so we went ahead and replaced timing belt, water pump , headgasket and set the timing correctly...thanx for the replies tho guys....

Back