need help electrical issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3t4delsol

Ok well about 4 months ago my headunit shut off on me while driving, I checked all my connections and fuses everything looks good. I started checking my power feeds into the unit and there is no power coming into the memory wire, Also when the unit went out my clocked went out too. Now my car has failed emissions for 3 months in a row because of ecu readiness, because the ecu resetting itself everytime the car starts. I know that the radio, clock, and ecu use the same power feed, But my question is Ive checked all my fuses and they are good, Is there some kind of inline relay that controls a constant power supply to this stuff? Could I just run a straight power in from my battery and connect the clock and ecu up? I already ran a straight battery feed in for the headunits memory. Possible main relay going bad?

Any insight is appreciated

there shouldn't be a relay for constant power, that just doesn't make sense. since u ran a new wire for the mem on the head unit, has it reset itself? if not then its prolly a short somewhere in the wire.

Back