need help getting my car to start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

facepants

I know that usually this type of information would result in an automatic "f-u thief, don't steal cars". I'm actually just trying to get my car to start, it's going to rain this week and my motorcycle isn't going to cut it.

My car was broken into and the vandals destroyed my steering column which I just got around to replacing. You can view that thread here:
https://hondaswap.com/civic-del-sol-eg-ek/they-broke-into-my-car-92508/

My car was starting before i replaced the steering column, I didn't unplug or touch any wires during the install. Afterwards it would not start. When I put the key in the ignition, it would make the beeping sound signifying that the key was in the ignition, but when I would turn it, nothing. It doesn't even light up the dash lights like it usually does when you turn it to the first click.

I checked all fuses and they're all in place and good.

I think the switch mechanism attached to the key ignition wires is somehow damaged. What I want to do is find out which wires i need to cut off of the switch and connect to each other in order to get the car to start. My plan once it's running is to just detach the steering wheel every night and bring it into my house so that no one can steal it and maybe fashion some kind of switch that i can just flip to start the car. This is all temporary until i can get a new ignition switch off of ebay.

I've attached a few photos of the ignition wiring that I removed from my car. Please tell me which ones i need to cut and where.

Since this type of information can be used maliciously, you can PM me with the info if you feel more comfortable that way.

My car is a 93 honda civic si hatch

Thanks a lot

Here are the pictures:
1527344580_1df2cc900d_b.jpg

1526474919_6d118108a7_b.jpg
1526473911_175c75085f_b.jpg
1527342982_ebe435d3b2_b.jpg

Last edited:
get (2) wires w gator clamps on the ends
then u clamp one wire to the two outer contact points
there's four put it on the two wider ones
then w the other wire connect the two inner contacts