Need help! obd2a motor into obd1 car!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Eghatch15

Wassup everyone kinda new to the whole swap thing so looking for some answer...

I just recently purchased a 94 hatch for a project car that had a obd1 Ls motor in which was no good...I ended up purchasing a 99 obd2a Ls motor to drop in....now my questions are

1) would I be able to use a obd1 Ls tranny??

2) how do I go about wiring in the new 99 Ls motor?? (do I need to change the dizzy, alt, etc??)

3) what would be the best computer/ ecu to use??

4)is there a website or something that could go to that could read more bout it or wire diagrams??

Thanks in advance for the help

I am guessing you still have the OBD1 LS stuff? If so.....you are in good shape. There are a variety of ways to get this running in your car but this is one solution (that I would do)

Take these parts off the OBD1 LS and swap onto the OBD2A LS

-Engine harness
-Alternator
-Injectors
-Distributor

Take your motor/trans out in one piece. Disconnect the trans and other things listed above and simply install them on the OBD2A Longblock. By using these OBD1 parts and OBD1 Engine Harness...no wire modifications will be needed (given the wiring in the OBD1 LS swap is good to go). Plug it all in to the new longblock and re-install......done. Transmission don't matter as long as its a Hydraulic B series transmission. Same OBD1 ECU too (OBD1 P75).

Last edited:
Back