Need Help on B16 or B18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sunkist

I need to know what I should do. I just bought a B18a and the ecu for cheap. But here is my dilema, I found a stock B16 from japan, through a local shop. Should I keep the B18 and try to build it up, or get the B16 installed for $2000 complete. If I build the B18 and install it, will I be wasting my time. Or should I just go get the B16. This is all new to me . I started with mini-trucks and domestics, but the hondas just stand out in the crowds. I have a 94 ex. w/ 1.6vtec w/ custom paint and rims but tired of losing the light to light meets(Races). Any replies would be welcome.
Thanks
Bryan

if you could get the b16, and have it installed for 2k, do it. b18a has no vtec, and less power than the b16a. 2k is a very good price in my opinion. id be all over that if i were you, especially since you said that you are new to hondas. if you wanted to get more power and you have the cash, use your b18a block, and mate it with a DOHC vtec head, thus, LSVTEC. that would create more power than a b16.
if you want to learn how to build an LSVTEC, here is a link to a "how to" page

Back