Need Help On My 93civic Dx - B18c5 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2locivic

ok i have a civic dx and i am doing a usdm 98 itr swap which is obd2 ... i have a p06 ecu right now and it is obd1 and i have the p73 obd2 ecu which will not plug in to my harness by the passenger side floor board- also i have the harness on the itr engine which i believe will plug right in by the driver side strut tower because i think they are both 3 plugs so i run into a problem here... do i run a 94-95 gsr obd1 ecu so it will plug in and i know i will have to run vtec wires and knock sensor and oil pressure switch ect. and that stuff so i am not confused there i just need to be told from someone more educated than me that this will work because i dont want to get that far in the swap and run into any wiring problems so will the harness on my itr motor plug in by the driver strut tower then the obd1 gsr ecu plug into my civic dx harness then by adding vtec wires i should be done let me know if my research is valid any info will be appreciated....thanks every one

get a obd1 dizzy, injectors and all that shit put it on the itr motor..... and get jdmhondaparts to chip a p28 ecu to run a stock b18c5, they are pretty good.

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 6 2003, 09:11 PM
get a obd1 dizzy, injectors and all that shit put it on the itr motor..... and get jdmhondaparts to chip a p28 ecu to run a stock b18c5, they are pretty good.

fuck them- go talk to Kenji on honda-tech.com hes the man for ecu chipping

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jan 7 2003, 02:59 AM-->
prawjEKt Cx
@Jan 6 2003, 09:11 PM

fuck them- go talk to Kenji on honda-tech.com hes the man for ecu chipping

:withstupid:

well if i get a obd1 gsr ecu that should plug in right? and i have the itr motor harness that plugs in by the driver side strut tower so why do i need the obd1 distributor and injectors? that sounds like too much work that i can go around can i just run the gsr ecu and be all good let me know asap so i can get started on my swap

obd2 harness, obd2 motors, all obd2 sensors..... you neet a obd2 ecu and a jumper harness.........

i have the stock itr p73 ecu i just dont know how to use it because all those harnesses are for an obd2 car that wants to run an obd1 ecu and i have never seen the backwards harness so the wires from the ecu to the body plugs are obd 1 and the reast is obd2 is that going to work ? i hear so much from so many ppl that it just confuses me and i get nowhere please help me!!!

Back