Need help on my accord swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dada3232

Hey guys I am new to this site so I hope I am doing everything ok, now my 99 accord coupe was just taken into the shop saturday because the motor was shot. I just got off the line with the mechanic who told me that he can replace the same motor for somewere around 1500-2000 which is ok, but I am seriously thinking about the h22 swap out now how much more involved is that swap if he is already taking out my old motor?? I know that the ecu will have to be replaced and the transmition is compatible so do you think the swap would be a good idea? any help is greatly apreciated.

99 accord coupe, 5 spd, f23a1 motor.

Just put in an h22. I'm assuming that your car has a vtec motor already. Just find an OBD-2 H22. I would recommend getting a jdm type-s motor. It'll probably run you around 2500-3000 for the motor. But other than that it'd be a simple swap.

But everything would bolt right up. Just use your accord engine harness and that's it.

Btw ~ I garuntee you that you could find a replacement motor (f23) for no more than $700.

Thank you so much for the information, I was wondering because I found a h22 complete swap for a nice price but its a OBD1 Ecu. I called another shop today and they told me that OBD1 was the Ecu that I needed, I am just double checking as wether or not that is the one needed. :worthy: you guys are awsome help I thank anyone who can help.

ya obd1 is in relation to the ecu buit no limited to the ecu the whole motor itself is wired for obd2 so if you were to buy an obd1 motor you would either have to buy a conversion harness or have a hell of alot of wiring issues on your hannds

Ok so then I should be looking for a h22- obd2 set up so that way I will not have to do any of the wire configuration changes that you mentioned earlier. I hope that I am getting this information correct I just want to make sure that I don't mess anything that you guys are saying up. I thank you for the information that is being given are there any places that one might know of to get an h22 + the ecu?? have checked a few of the places but I have not found a great deal yet.

Yeah, stick with the OBD 2 ECU, unless you want some extra wiring to do.

You're probably looking at $2500-$3000 for a base H22 installed in your car, or something closer to $3750-$4000 for a Type S H22 installed.

Any thoughts on doing it yourself to save some cash?

Well guys I found a new mechanic who seems to be an alright guy, says that he has a hook up for jdm motors has h22a set up with tranny w lsd and with ecu for 2500.00 Do you guys think that is a good deal for the motor that is not with instalation by the way, if you may know of a place where they are selling these items for a better price please let me know, I really thank all of you for the help with everything, I know my swap is gonna be great thanks to you help. :worthy:

Back