need help please...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

i took my 91 hatch to a mechanic to replace my clutch and pressure plate...and the car is now misfiring...prior to taking him the car it had no problems...then the mechanic blamed it on my ignition kill switch and the wiring to my ecu looked thrashed...he said he will get everything looking real clean and running perfect for 100 bux...i told him to go for it...its been a few days and he said its finished but its still misfiring...he said it would be finished for sure by tuesday...this is really pissing me off, so my question is what can the problem be???thanx in advance ppl...

My first guess is to say that after repairing it he took it for a test drive. I bet money he drove the nuts out of it. The tranny is unrelated to a misfire. I would check compression on all of the cylnders and check timing.

Misfiring and the fact he was doing the trans makes me think of the dizzy or something with the over all firing/ignition. If he drove it hard...okay. But I drive mine hard sometimes too and it doesn't misfire. Check cap/rotor plugs wires etc. It wouldn't hurt to check/replace these things anyways. It could be two unrelated things and its a coincidence that the misfiring happened.

My best guess is the timing go get it checked out and if that still doesnt fix your problem check wiring again ..............IF YOU NEED ANY PARTS HIT ME UP WITH A IM AND I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO:D

Kind of a wierd coincidence that it would just be ignition related when he was the last to touch the tranny. My guess is possible jump time from beating it. I drive hard and have broken many of things.

well he said he is gonna have it fixed by tuesday...and the good thing is that i havent paidhim yet

^^ The fact that you haven't paid him could be a bad thing too. He could come back with a list a mile long of things that he "had to do"

Sounds like the wiring was a rat's nest though and if tackling that project isn't within' your abilities, $100 isn't too bad so good luck

nah...he seen the car and the wiring and he quoted me 100 bux...i told him u sure and he said yep...a mile long list=100.00

Back