Need Help Quick

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Viperlocc_B18C1

Alright, i have a B18C1 with CTR pistons and its gonna raise the compression close to 12. What head gasket should i use to lower it down just a bit? or can i run without the thicker gasket? i was looking around and spoon and mugen are out as they are very thin and RAISE compression. Im used to Supra head gaskets (1.2, 1.5, 2.0mm gaskets) and been looking and seeing 80mm, 82mm, 85mm gaskets from hks and greddy....WHAT SHOULD I USE

the 80mm etc is the cylinder opening size
you will be fine with up to mid 12.#:1 as long as you get it tuned right and use 93 octane

just use a stock GSR gasket

oh yea huh...guess that could work..i would just like to use an aftermarket one from hks or greddy so then that way it can be reused as its what they say u can do...just like in my old supra.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 16 2003, 01:04 AM
just use a stock GSR gasket

oem parts are the best.

run 93+ octane, and you will be fine.

if you dont have 93, retard the ignition timing a degree or 2

i would recomend a stock gasket. spray that copper spay on there nice and good. also that compression ratio isnt that high. we had a few cars over here running 13.1 and they were daily driven running thinner head gaskets and pump gas. its just all about tuning.

Use the oem head gasket, if you want you can take out the middle layer, or you can spend some coin and get the mugen 2 layer head gasket.

Milan

I'm running on 12.5:1 compression ratio, I wanted to run 12.5:1, but by installing the B16 head on my B18C block, i'll lower compression, so i used only OEM 1 layer instead of three. besure to tighten the bolts 10lbs more for proper seal. with the right timing and ignition, you'll run fine with 93 octane. sometimes i add octane booster to add some power.

Back