need help rebuilding a d16a6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kobischka

Just got a 91 crx si the engine block is blown and i've got brand new cylinder head.i need all the advice i can get in rebuilding a d16a6 engine. I honestly don't know a whole lot about it. thanks

i'm new at this but i do have all the patience in the world, i just need some guidence in taking the proper procedures. about the repair manual, i own the Chilton repair manual for civic and crx84-91

i'm planning on rebuilding a d16a6 engine and was wondering what kind of an engine block I should use. what blocks are compatible with the build someone said they have a d15b7 that they're selling is that a good block or not.

What's wrong with you current block that a rebuild won't fix?

If you are gonna rebuild, you might as well squeeze some extra power out using stock D16 parts. For Example, it is said that the D16Y8 (EJ8 - '96 - '00 Civic EX) VTEC head has hotter cams than other different SOHC VTEC heads.

Also, I do Believe that the Y8 Intake manifold is said to be the best flowing one out of all the D's.

Basically you wanna get as many Y8 parts as you can lol. I'm not sure if the Exhaust manifolds are any different. however I know the Intake mani's are different on a lot of different D's.

Also, just a note. if you do run a Y8 head, you'll need an OBDII ECU and Harness.

Um, the Y8 and Z6 cam profiles are exactly the same. The Y8 head is considered better by some because of the size of the combustion chamber and factory quench pads. A $40 head mill on a Z6 head takes that out of the equation. Of course, he'd have to want to do a mini-me for any of this to matter in the slightest. He's just looking for another block to put his A6 head onto. :)

The Y8 IM is called the D-Series Type R IM.

I wasnt so sure if it was the cam that made the Y8 head better. I've been told its supposedly hotter. but I wasnt sure.

heh, D-Series Type-R lol.

Back