Need Help "searched and searched"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SwapShop

Ok I have a customer that bought a b16a1 swap from Osaka the customer owns a 95 Civic CX hatch..

The motor was ordered from http://www.jazzproparts.com and the guys I talked to there said they sent him an XSI motor and it was obd1 and would drop right in we had a GSR tranny at the shop so we swapped out the tranny we also put the GSR driverside mount on the motor and the GSR rear bracket..

Pics
tn_b18%20008.jpg

tn_b18%20011.jpg

tn_b18%20009.jpg

tn_b18%20014.jpg

tn_b18%20012.jpg

Now the motor came with a obd1 dizzy on it

Pics
tn_b18%20017.jpg

tn_b18%20031.jpg

it also came with a P30 ECU

Pics
tn_b18%20028.jpg

Now on the form from Osaka it said it was an XSI motor but why would it have a b16a2 Dizzy on it if it was and the plugs on it look like the cream colored plugs from a OBD0?

Pics
tn_b18%20010.jpg

tn_b18%20007.jpg

Now what I need to know is what wires do I have to solder and what parts do I still need to use off the d series motor what mounts I need to use wnat ecu I need to use and what axels I need to use and what the best way to do this swap is ?

also any wireing diagrams would be helpful..

Thanx in Advance...

Lance

i swapped an xsi into my del sol (94)...
i used the rear mount from the d series. but had to replace the bracket from the tranny to the mount itself. the driver side mount also had to be replaced. as well as the bracket from the head to the mount needed to be replaced with one from a 99-00 civic SI or VTEC del sol. (i used the former). as far as them writing b16a2 on the distributor... look who the motor came from... osaka has a terrible reputation. a b16a2 distributor would be obd2, but i'm sure they know that, however that is an obd1 distributor. use the harness of the customers car. you will have to lengthen 4 wires for the oxygen sensor, and may need to extend the wires to the VTEC solenoid, however i didn't have to on my particular swap. take a picture vertiaclly looking down at the driver side mount, i'd like to see the top of it.

the intake manifold does look different than my XSI one did too..

oh as far as the tranny mount. you'll need any b series tranny mount. I used a GSR one for mine. so you should be okay with what you already have. i always forget what hatches come pre-wired for VTEC, but if that one isn't already wired, check out my web page, or else there is an article in our article section that details it.
https://hondaswap.com/~pills/obd1guide.html

They sent you an OBD0 engine. That is the OBD0 Automatic intake manifold. It looks just like the intake manifold that was on the OBD0 B16A Auto long block I got for a head.

eric, i wouldn't be so quick to say that is obd0, i was convinced for months that i got screwed over by buying an XSi engine. they were rare overseas and even more rare to see one here, but they are around.
but wasn't osaka a shitty company from what i remember?

osaka is know for pulling shit. worst company ever, in any market, hands down.

xsi's are obd1- but they are weird... misti had the same shit pretty much.

being rare makes it a harder swap, but its still do able... just gotta source parts from various other things.

glad to see you got it done

that is an obd0 motor. wow they really screwed with you on that one. sticking a obd1 dizzy on it an thinking they are gonna fool somebody. thats some balls. that is an early model b16 160hp not the 170hp one.clear plug motor, no map sensor , has the pgm-fi plate on the im. and has the DOHC in capital letters. obd0! call these fuckers and at least complain. oh yeah just look on the head and see what year its stamped i'm gonna guess 89. if you can even see it anymore.

you are really clueless.
integra XSi engines were stamped b16a1xxxxxx and had pgmfi written on them. they are obd1, had the firewall mounted map sensor.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jul 23 2004, 09:08 AM
you are really clueless.
integra XSi engines were stamped b16a1xxxxxx and had pgmfi written on them. they are obd1, had the firewall mounted map sensor.
[post=367270]Quoted post[/post]​

That is exactly what the engine I purchased looked like. I don't see the 1 on the block stamp, all I see is B16A. That intake manifold is exactly like the one I have sitting in my garage back in NM. And my engine was OBD0. I didn't care because all I wanted was the head and the pistons.

by b16a1 i meant stamped with a 1 million series number

they were leftover blocks from the 89-91 run that just got the new cams, obd1 electronics

the intake manifold is the only thing that throws it off. the rest of it resembles my obd1 xsi engine. i would agree that is an obd0 w/ a diff distributor

those plugs really make it look like that thing is OBD0. Did the xsi use those style plugs?

Here in Europe even all OBD I motors have grey plugs, OBD 0 have the white. Looks like they pieced a motor together for you.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 24 2004, 02:36 AM
Here in Europe even all OBD I motors have grey plugs, OBD 0 have the white. Looks like they pieced a motor together for you.
[post=367530]Quoted post[/post]​

As far as I know that is the same for the States. I believe that it is also the case for Japan.

Originally posted by u all suck@Aug 18 2004, 11:40 PM
bump this website sucks mad dick talk abouht the gays website ever. this wabsite is not :worthy:
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

why the fuck did you bump this and what the fuck did you just say?

Originally posted by revolution8k+Aug 19 2004, 05:47 AM-->
u all suck
@Aug 18 2004, 11:40 PM
bump this website sucks mad dick talk abouht the gays website ever. this wabsite is not  :worthy:
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

why the fuck did you bump this and what the fuck did you just say?
[post=378962]Quoted post[/post]​

The literal translation is, "I want a bunch of death row inmates to run a train in my ass, then be banned"

Back