need help to hook up a msd rpm activated switch to run vtec on h23 vtec!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys!!! Just finished my build on a h23 vtec with type s pistons. Project is completed and car is running. Problem #1: I keep getting code 23 which is for the knock sensor. A friend told me that its because im using the h23 wiring harness and ecu. He also said that the h22 doesnt carry a knock sensor. Dnt know how true it is but.....thats y im here seeking help. he told me to plug in the knock sensor into the harness and tie it off somewhere safe. Because of this knock sensor prob, the engine seems to bog in high rpms after the code comes up. Any info guys? Problem # 2: Im using the h23 ecu to run the h23 vtec, so that means vtec is not gonna activate. Im planning on purchasing a hondata in the future but right now funds are kinda low due to money put into the project. I got me a msd rpm activated switch from a friend but im not sure how to hook it up. Ive got the relay and everything required for the hook up. Can anyone help me out plz?

One less problem to deal with.....I found me a chipped h22 ecu. works great!!!! Only thing is that i havent hooked up the vtec which im not quite sure how to do. One of my friends were saying something about hooking up three wires. 1 to the oil pressure switch and i cnt quite remember the rest. Can someone please clarify the matter?Any info will definitely be appreciated.

for the ground just loosen one of the vtec solenoid bolts and ground it there. for the other 2 you will have to find the ecu pin out for that ecu, and run those 2 wires to the correct pins. all done and enjoy.

go to the referance section.the ecu pinouts are there..also you need to wire the knock sensor too

k guys!! Got the vtec wired. Went the the track to test the car and blew my exhaust. The cat got ripped off the piping. Seems like i need to step up to maybe 2.5" piping. Also i realised that in high rpms the car seems to break down. A friend told me to try sending up the fuel pressure to see whether the car is asking for more gas. So i sent it from 40 psi to 50 psi just to see whether it would make a difference but the prob still existed. Another guy told me to check my distributor. Any info guys on this matter?

what fuel pump are you running?

your exhaust cracked cause of broken motor mounts, fix those while your at it. or just get inserts, i have them, they work awesome.

it didnt crack. the whole cat separate from the end side of the exhaust. Completely broken off. Got it welded. Oh despain! im using the h23 factory fuel pump.

Back