Need help wiring my b18c into 94dx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

s2kintegra

I just bought a 94 cx civic hatchbatch with a 95 GSR swap. I will need to buy a wire harness and ECU and wire it up.

I will be using a p72....what will be the tricky part of wiring and how to do it?

Any and all help would be tits since this is my first swap of this kind. thanks

easy way: buy 95 GSR engine harness, 94-95 P72 ECU, plug and play (ok, you might need to run a wire from ecu to shock tower for knock sensor or IAB if your car doesn't have it)

cheap way: use stock 94 DX engine harness, extend wires as necessary, run wires for vtec pressure, vtec, knock, IAB from shock tower to respective sensors/solenoids, use P72, P72 conversion or chipped P28 w/ IABs. Use of chipped P28s that do not have the IAB circuitry added will result in a loss of low end performance.

I have a P72 conversion that is pre-chipped (and is setup for Hondata too, with the 5 pin connector + J12 mod) if you are interested...

skunk2 manifold + chipped P28 = good combination.
JG/edelbrock manifold + chipped P28 = good combination
Stock manifold + chipped P28 = bad combination
stock manifold + chipped P28 with IAB circuitry added = good combination

if you want info on the conversions, look at wiki.pgmfi.org
if you want a chipped ECU that can run the IABs, PM me. If you want a chipped P28, PM me. I have one of each I'm trying to get rid of. If you want references, PM me.

you can use your stock cx harness, but you're going to have some wiring to run.

you need vtec, 4-wire o2, and egr stuff wired up, and depending on the IM, the iab or not.

red pretty much summed it up for ya. if you need more help, you gotta be more specific about what help you need.

Back