1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help wiring VTEC

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by JFR32988, May 14, 2007.

1. JFR32988

JFR32988 New Member

2. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

LMAO why would you waste your money and no there are other wires to add if your car is not vtec unless you have a certain year
    you dont need that can can do it your self with some wire and some crimp clips first off what year is the car what motor and what ecu are you useing

3. Skydive2144

Skydive2144 New Member

dont waste your time or money with that. i just did a gsr swap where the vtec had to be wired. i was worried about it at first, and i actualyl wired it up this afternoon. it took me 10 minutes, it was so easy and it works fine.

4. JFR32988

JFR32988 New Member

its a 93 hatch dx with a sohc vtec but the harness isnt for a vtec engine and the ecu i think is the same but the ecu i can get from a friend... its just wiring it up how can i

5. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

i believe that your car is prewired for vtec the wires should be there some where but heres the thing if there not it's easy to do you just need to add three wires and a ground i'm attaching a pin out chart so you can find where to conect the wires on the ecu the other just need to be hooked up under the hood there is a knock sensor on the back of the block under the intake manafold (it's right above the oil filter ~ becarefull there is a presure sensor back there to
    next there is the VTEC silinoid it's got one wire coming off of it it right on the back of the head on the left side next to the Dizzy
    and next after that there is a sensor with two wries coming off of it right below the vtec silinoid that is the presure switch for the vtec the black wire needs to be grounded and the other need to be run to the ecu
    everything else you need to know is on this list ~~~~
    AND if you dont have the right ecu it's not going to work
    This article exploits a combination of ECU pin locations and wire colors for all M/T '92-95 Civic / '92-95 Integra / '92-95 Prelude VTEC and NON-VTEC vehicles.
    OBD1 PLUG CONFIGURATION

Below is an example that shows the common onboard male connectors for a Honda OBD1 ECU.
    Take note of plugs: A, B, and D.

The 4-plug OBD1 connector image below is proof these do exist and are usually found on JDM AUTO 92-95 Civic, Integra, and Preludes.
    Sorry - I do not have pin schematics for the JDM 4-plug OBD1 ecu! Although, connectors A B D should technically be the same pin locations as a 5spd 3-plug OBD1 ECU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

These pin-out locations were cross-referenced with OBD1 Civic/Integra/Prelude Helm's service manuals.

The information in this article applies to:

• All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T civic ecu's
    • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T integra ecu's
    • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T prelude ecu's

6. onesikdb8

onesikdb8 Member

That pic on Ebay is of an OBD0 plug. I didn't see anywhere on the page that states its not as pictured. You have a lot of good information from the members here, did you figure it out?

7. JFR32988

JFR32988 New Member

have not done it yet ill be doin it this weekend

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted