need help wiring VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LMAO why would you waste your money and no there are other wires to add if your car is not vtec unless you have a certain year
you dont need that can can do it your self with some wire and some crimp clips first off what year is the car what motor and what ecu are you useing

dont waste your time or money with that. i just did a gsr swap where the vtec had to be wired. i was worried about it at first, and i actualyl wired it up this afternoon. it took me 10 minutes, it was so easy and it works fine.

its a 93 hatch dx with a sohc vtec but the harness isnt for a vtec engine and the ecu i think is the same but the ecu i can get from a friend... its just wiring it up how can i

i believe that your car is prewired for vtec the wires should be there some where but heres the thing if there not it's easy to do you just need to add three wires and a ground i'm attaching a pin out chart so you can find where to conect the wires on the ecu the other just need to be hooked up under the hood there is a knock sensor on the back of the block under the intake manafold (it's right above the oil filter ~ becarefull there is a presure sensor back there to
next there is the VTEC silinoid it's got one wire coming off of it it right on the back of the head on the left side next to the Dizzy
and next after that there is a sensor with two wries coming off of it right below the vtec silinoid that is the presure switch for the vtec the black wire needs to be grounded and the other need to be run to the ecu
everything else you need to know is on this list ~~~~
AND if you dont have the right ecu it's not going to work
This article exploits a combination of ECU pin locations and wire colors for all M/T '92-95 Civic / '92-95 Integra / '92-95 Prelude VTEC and NON-VTEC vehicles.
OBD1 PLUG CONFIGURATION

Below is an example that shows the common onboard male connectors for a Honda OBD1 ECU.
Take note of plugs: A, B, and D.

The 4-plug OBD1 connector image below is proof these do exist and are usually found on JDM AUTO 92-95 Civic, Integra, and Preludes.
Sorry - I do not have pin schematics for the JDM 4-plug OBD1 ecu! Although, connectors A B D should technically be the same pin locations as a 5spd 3-plug OBD1 ECU.

plugs2.jpg

obd1.pin.schematics.gif

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

These pin-out locations were cross-referenced with OBD1 Civic/Integra/Prelude Helm's service manuals.

The information in this article applies to:

• All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T civic ecu's
  • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T integra ecu's
  • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T prelude ecu's

That pic on Ebay is of an OBD0 plug. I didn't see anywhere on the page that states its not as pictured. You have a lot of good information from the members here, did you figure it out?

have not done it yet ill be doin it this weekend

Back