1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help wit swappin b16a1 in a 1.7 gsr

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by joshc, Feb 15, 2004.

1. joshc

joshc Junior Member

Ok i have a 1.7 gsr wit a missing wiring harness. the one that clips on to the motor to the chassis. Well, I just bought a b16a1 swap and all the wires on that are all cut, like usual when u buy a motor from a company. I was just wondering if I need a 1.7 gsr wiring harness or could I use a LS wiring harness, which i already have one, and some how make that work? Any kind of advice would help me out alot. I have the motor and the car and really need to get this done quick.

Thanks
  2. theB16tegguy

theB16tegguy Senior Member

The LS is fine but you will have to wire your knock sensor, Vtec solenoid, and oil pressure switch to the ECU.
  3. joshc

joshc Junior Member

so did u use your rs wiring to wire your b16 up.but i diffintly can use the ls wire harness. i live in in spartanburg sc if i paid you to come down here to wire my motor up would u. how much would u charge just to wire it up.
  4. PHOBIA

PHOBIA Senior Member

if you got a couple hundred bucks take it some were to get wired,less hassles than looking a wiring diagrams for hours and hours
  5. hammerdgolfer

hammerdgolfer Senior Member

or just find any wire harness from a integra/civic that has vtec from 92-95
  6. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

what are yo doing with the b17?