Need Help With 2nd Gen Teg Shift Linkage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ford50forlife

i got a call from my boy a little while ago and i turns out they are stuck on the shift linkage on his older 2nd gen integra while in the midst of a tranny swap.... i came over and to my ****ing suprise it looks like the black bar (linkage) needs to be drilled out as it doesnt seem like it just up and slides out of the case or is held in by anything. any help here on how to get it out? :unsure:

sorry i already posted this elsewhere its just my freinds expect to go up to miami tommorrow lol

If he is trying to remove the shift linkage, pull the rubber boot back and there should be a clip going around the shift linkage. Take that clip off and it should expose a spring pin that goes through the shift linkage and holds it to the tranny. You will need to find some way to pound this spring pin out. Honda makes an 8mm driver for it, but there are other tools that will work. Once you pound that pin out, the shift linkage should come right off. You will need to remove the stabelizer bar as well. Before you pull the tranny off the engine, don't forget to remove the speedometer cable from the transmission. Good luck.

Back