Need Help with alternatorbracket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DesertNightEagle

Well guys, i'm back, engine is still hanging. my problem now that with my turbo setup my down pipe will rub against my alternator wiring. i called up the guys that made the manifold and downpipe and they said one guy has had this problem before. and told me for h22 ludes there is 2 different mounts for the alternator- a highmount(which i have) and a low mount(which i desperately want) i was wondering if anyone can confirm this low mount and maybe show me a picture and tell me which exact model it came from (year, model....everything) heres a picture of the engine. does show the space but you can get a rough feel for it.

gallery_21906_80_1101157336.jpg

Edited part: this is a frankenstein engine (h22head/h23block) but if i can get a rough picture and maybe the bolt pattern of the lowermount alternator would help alot.

gallery_21906_80_1101171189.jpg

I never really paid that much attention. I know that the F22B1 has a different mount than a F22A1. All the mounts are interchangeable. However, using a F22A1 mount on a F22B1 engine caused an interference problem between the PS pump and the alternator bracket. The F22B1 came without any brackets to me, which is why I didn't reuse them. I had to use a grinder on the bracket, and could only use 2 out of three bolts.

I'm guessing F22B1 bracket, but no guarantees. The difference couldn't be much more than 1/2", so take a tape measure to check.

thanks, this is the idea me and my dad came up with. we are putting 1 and 3/4 inch aluminum plates between the block and the original alternator bracket sending the alternator forward. we have it some what tested and it seems to have cleared the down pipe. now we just need to drill the holes on these plates and install them to test fit themto make sure we have enough room in the engine bay.

hey, what do you guys think of the new turbo manifold tho? we had to polish it ourselves tho. its a maxrev log style stainless steel.

It's a beauty. Your whole engine looks mint......

I like the fact that you are keeping your accessories. So many people here say "welp, power steering has to go."

Screw that. I drive a nice car for a reason. I'd buy a civic if I wanted manual steering and no AC.

Although you overspent on the build, it's still wonderful to look at, and I'm sure it will be a dream come true to drive. Congrats :thumbsup:

thank you, but i have to admit i did drop the a/c. i would of kept it but the compressor was in really bad condition and made me wonder about the rest. hopefully after i get this whole project done i can go to shows and get it featured in a magazine. thats my ultimate goal for the lude.

doubt that this will help you but what wire harness are you using?

i know the H22 harness comes over the head, and it might be more straight down as opposed to across the front of the block?

but not exactly sure where your fitment issue comes in so not sure if that will help at all...

edit: what's in your lower end? H23 shite?
i've had bad experiences with H23 cranks holding up...

yeah i got a h23 bottomend. we bought the crank brand new from the dealership so i'm not too worried since it hasnt been abuses since its new. we are using the h23 wiring harness. we did try going over the top and it just doesnt seem to get enough distance. but we are probably going to pull another foot or so of wiring from redoing part of the harness. yeah when i did buy the car the original crank was fuk'd but it was cuz my friend that i bought the car changed the engine without getting the bottomend checked out and abused the hell out of it. but this crank is new and i dont plan on driving this alot or abusing it since i did dump a crap load of money into it :)

edit: the fitment issue is at the rubber boot of the alternator, it didnt matter if it was over the top or below cuz of the boot. but it'll be fixed within a day or so

hey, we just dropped the engine in, its not all finished yet obviously, but wat a bitch. scratched the hell out of the paint in the engine bay. oh well, the hood just barely fits tho lol. i'm happy that it does.

gallery_21906_80_1102351360.jpg

gallery_21906_80_1102351340.jpg

srry that the images are big, now i just need to build up money for a new radiator and fans. oh, and i got my intercooler back from getting custom tanks put on it, it looks good i'll have to post a picture soon

gallery_21906_80_1104263264.jpg

gallery_21906_80_1104263287.jpg

we're getting pretty close to getting the wheels on, lol. we put the spring and everything on one side and forgot the bump stops so now me and my dad have to redo everything we did. we also fixed our oil filter problem. we got a oil filter relocation, i'm thinking about putting near the front of the car. i think i found the right place, i'll post pictures when i get it finished. oh and if anybody was wondering, yes i did have to grind off the old weld lips and get a new weld put in so that the intercooler sat flush.

Back