Need Help With Dx To Si Cam Swap (88-91)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djsgtrip

I just installed a si (d16a6) cam into my d15b1 head, and the car runs like ass. I have a adjustable cam gear and I've heard that the cam timing is different between the si and dx cams.
The TDC marks on the cam gear and crank pulley are lined up but the timing seems way off. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well tell us what YOU did?? Did you do this

Explain what you mean runs like ass. Sounds like you are off a tooth on the timing.

All I did was swap the si cam in at the same TDC the dx cam was at. I marked the timing belt with chalk at the TDC mark and just swapped cams. The gear is at the same position as it was.
I drove the car and it has no power at all!!! The idle sounds horrible and when you rev it up, it sounds like the timing is off. The valves sound hella noisy, and the spark plugs are totally black.

Well it sounds like you are off a tooth or two. How did you keep it at the same place on the crank? Did you check the ignition timing with a timing light?

Back