Need Help with ECU in D15B Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

friendayaz

Hello everyone, I am in the process of swapping my car's engine with D15B.
I have a second generation civic which came on carburated engine. Now the D15B that I bought is from JDM which has a manual 5 speed S40 tranny (Hydrolic). The seller told me that this engine came under the name of Honda Capa.

The problem that I am facing is that the ECU that he provided me with the engine has the following serial number :

37820-P3S-T01
143-112632
Denshigiken

I tried searching the internet to get the pinout diagram of the ecu to do the wirings but cannot find it any where... can any one please help me out with this. I have every thing but the wiring connections still need to be figured out. Thanks.

The nice thing about hondas is the ECU pinouts are the same for all year blocks:

If the ecu looks like this it's obd0 and use the appropriate pinouts:

9d1100714191-obd0.jpg

and if it looks like this it's obd1:

10d1100714226-obd1.jpg

You can find the list of pinouts in our reference section:
https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/ecu-pinouts-28667/

thanks for that. I didnt bother to look up honda capa cause it didnt register that a 'honda capa' might be a make/model.

Guys..., the ecu diagram listed above donot match..., I am wondering that if City has a unique set of ECU that it uses...., surely there has to be some one who can provide the PINOUT diagram of my ECU.... again the serial number is 37820-P3S-T01

Please help me in this... need it very much. Thanks.

Guys..., the ecu diagram listed above donot match..., I am wondering that if City has a unique set of ECU that it uses...., surely there has to be some one who can provide the PINOUT diagram of my ECU.... again the serial number is 37820-P3S-T01

Please help me in this... need it very much. Thanks.

see attached. i was thinking the capa was obd1 when it's actually obd2b.

Attachments

• obd2b.jpg
    obd2b.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 9,041
The JDM D15B 1.5 VTEC? Why not get the original OBD1 P08 ECU for that engine (I have a ton of them) and use the OBD1 wiring diagrams to get everything setup correctly? The wiring diagrams are widely available, as seen above, and OBD1 is the standard if you want to tune and modify your setup. Win win situation.

The JDM D15B 1.5 VTEC? Why not get the original OBD1 P08 ECU for that engine (I have a ton of them) and use the OBD1 wiring diagrams to get everything setup correctly? The wiring diagrams are widely available, as seen above, and OBD1 is the standard if you want to tune and modify your setup. Win win situation.

HRTuning,

The engine is from a Honda Capa which was produced starting in 1998. There is no way the original ECU is the OBD1.

The stock ECU for that motor is a P3S. Which is what he has.

As I mentioned, why not use the original OBD1 P08 ECU for that engine... the D15B... to easily make this workable for him, since OBD1 information is widely available.

This was not to imply that the engine is OBD1 and I said nothing to that effect.

Last edited:
Why spend an extra hundred bucks rounding up a obd2-obd1 conversion harness AND a new ecu when he has the original ecu? Doesn't make sence...

He has an ECU with unknown plugs, unknown pinout, and he doesn't know what to do with it... makes perfect sense unless he finds the pinouts or he's an electrical engineer and wants to track down each pins designation for himself. He's said he can't find any information, you guys haven't posted any applicable information, so I'm posing the logical next move for someone who's not an EE. If he pays someone to figure it out and make that ECU work what happens when he wants to upgrade and make changes in the future? He's stuck with that ECU and a harness with those plugs (If he can even find plugs to use) since it's not a standard OBD2 or OBD1 that can easily be adapted with a harness... His other option? He can change his harness again for a second time.

Do whatever floats your boat. I was looking at the overall picture... hence the "Win win situation".

In the reference section, of this site, there is a thread with all the pinouts from every ecu for every honda to date. If that doesn't work, the same pics are located at pheerable.net. If that doesn't work? Google it.

I'm sure the first two are viable options though.

It also seems like you're trying to make a sale, but i'm sure you don't want that kind of negative review on your comments.

Look, I realize I'm new here, but obviously you don't know my background to insinuate something like that so I don't appreciate it... That's not how I work and any info I post outside of my vendor thread is meant to be helpful, not for sales. I was just trying to offer a viable solution that would see him through his future upgrades. Get the ECU anywhere you want. If you plan on doing upgrades to the engine and tuning in the future I still stand by my original post.

The wiring diagrams are widely available, as seen above, and OBD1 is the standard if you want to tune and modify your setup. Win win situation.

Look, I realize I'm new here, but obviously you don't know my background to insinuate something like that so I don't appreciate it... That's not how I work and any info I post outside of my vendor thread is meant to be helpful, not for sales. I was just trying to offer a viable solution that would see him through his future upgrades. Get the ECU anywhere you want. If you plan on doing upgrades to the engine and tuning in the future I still stand by my original post.

I agree with that statement. if he wants the ability to upgrade in the future (turbo/na) the p08 makes perfect sense. if he wants a daily driver that just has a new engine, the OP is gonna need to look at the ecu pinout section and figure out what he's got.

Thanks guys for all the response..,

let me show you the ECU pictures for a better understanding of it..

and I also went to a local shop that has new and used wiring harness from where I found the harness that fits my ecu. I am uploading them here for your further review for any comments. Hoping may be someone can get me the pinout information. Thanks.
28348670034_medium.jpg

Back