Need help with Engines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mp5o

I recently bought a 90 crx HF. Im gonna replace my engine. Can some one help me out with all of these engines, im new to honda tuning. Whats the differnce between b16's and b18's and the rest of em? And which would be the best for my car?

ZC = 1.6L Non Vtec DOHC D series engine. Cheap, Ok power.
B16a = DOHC Vtec 1.6L B series, more expensive, great hp, not much torque.
b18a = DOHC Non-Vtec 1.8L B series, less than B16a, more than ZC, great torque, great 4 turbo, not much go after 3rd gear.
b18c1= great allround engine, requires a lil more work, great HP and torque, most expensive.

These are 90% of the engines u will see put in ur car, if u need anymore info on which engine is best, u gotta give us a detailed list of ur car, money, what u wanna do with car, full race, semi race, weekend only, autoX, and experience for us to tell u what to get.

Im plannin on hookin it up to the max, but keeping it N/A. I definitly want something with a vtec and thats gonna be good for racing. And the money isnt a problem right now becuase this is gonna be done over a long period of time which will give me time to save money for what i need (but around what would the pricing be anyway, including a 5 spd transmission?). thanks for the help

well are you gonna do the labour your self or pay someone?
you need to factor shipping which is a huge cost and for use to go look up the cost is a waste of our time when you can do a google search and found the exact price in 10 mins

If money is not an issue cause you're gonna do it over a long time, and you want it to be NA, go with the best "b18c5". Especially if you are gonna be using it for the track. If you only want the car for the strip, look into the H22 with the bigger displacement. Neither swap is very simple but they have all been done.

I just put a b18c into my hf all by myself. I just reserched a couple months before i started buying everything. It was very easy. I kept mine obdo so i wouldnt have to mess with any wiring. Skunk2 IM obd0 injectors and distr form b16a. pr3 ecu. = plug and play.

Back