Need help with front lower ball joint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I've tried the breaker bar method, it worked on the passenger side but the driver side is stubborn. I stuck a monkey wrench in there because the breaker bar would slip out, still wouldn't work. I tried putting the jack on the monkey wrench to pry it apart, didn't work either; It just jacked the car up. Only thing I haven't tried is using a jaw puller; mainly because I have a 6" 3-jaw puller but need a 2-jaw one. Do you think heat will help get it loose or simply just using a jaw puller will work?

are you removing ball joint are is it stuck in lower control arm?

if stuck in lower control arm loosen nut DO NOT TAKE OFF and hit lower control arm right where the ball joint goes in to it, with bfh and it will come out.

Quoted post[/post]]
If it's really in there, you may need to actually remove the LCA and press it out.

i have use a three arm puller on them before.......just have to hold it on with one hand and turn with the other..

I use a pickle fork works great just stick it in between the lca and and the ball joint and drive it in with a hammer and it will pop loose. before that i used a bearing puller type thing and it ended up bending the stud that goes throught the lca and I had to grind it down alot just so I could thread the bolt on

Quoted post[/post]]
are you removing ball joint are is it stuck in lower control arm?

if stuck in lower control arm loosen nut DO NOT TAKE OFF and hit lower control arm right where the ball joint goes in to it, with bfh and it will come out.
:withstupid:

Get a 2or 3 lb sledge and just smack the little lip that juts off the lca on either the front or back side . A good few raps with the sledge will knock it loose. Angle your hits downward a bit. I've tried every method before trying that, and nothing works nearly as well.

you are replacing it correct?
then if the hammer method on the side does not work put the nut on just the top couple of threads, brace the LCA, then hit the nut as hard as you can it will pop out.

Back