Need help with JDM D15B Swap..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integrafreek

I'm swapping a JDM d15B motor down into a 95 Civic DX... First of all, what ecu should i go with? P28 or a P08??? Second, will the existing harness in the car work with this swap??? And Third, Is this motor OBD1?

If anyone has done this swap before and has some tips or things to watch out for Please Help..... Thanks

Originally posted by integrafreek@Mar 13 2005, 02:40 PM
I'm swapping a JDM d15B motor down into a 95 Civic DX... First of all, what ecu should i go with? P28 or a P08??? Second, will the existing harness in the car work with this swap??? And Third, Is this motor OBD1?

If anyone has done this swap before and has some tips or things to watch out for Please Help..... Thanks
[post=472944]Quoted post[/post]​

I woulld get a p28, i hear it works. A chipped ecu would be better tho. :ph34r: i would just wire for vtec.
http://asia.vtec.net/article/d15b/

they are both the same ecu really the p28 is a dime a dozen and the p08 is a jdm version of the p28 so you would be good with one or the other. and that is a good write up on the d15b,

Go with P28 cuz its cheaper and easier to find (its in all 92-95 Civic EX and SI).
The harness will probably work but cuz u got 95 you will need to add Vtec wires which is not that hard. This engine replaced ZC and is both OBD1 OBD2 to see the diffrence all you need to look is at the valve cover (OBD1 is black, OBD2 is Silver) and OBD2 has two vtec solinoids cuz its one of those special high fuel economy engines. If you are getting D15B get it with a new tranny cuz DX is a little bit slower but if you are short on money DX tranny will do fine. And dude do some more research on these engines.

QUOTE: "they are both the same ecu really the p28 is a dime a dozen and the p08 is a jdm version of the p28 so you would be good with one or the other. and that is a good write up on the d15b"

They are pretty much the same, but P08 has a little more agressive maps because of its more aggressive cam. And chiped P28 will do fine.

first of all, they are not the same ECU. different fuel map, shift points, redline, and fuel curve. The p28 will make your motor run ich and at high RPM, you have the potential to float valves. I will"work", but not right. so don't listen to the above posts. secondly, if you use the p28, you wwill need to wire up the 4 wire o2 sensor from a d16z6.
You could buy a p28 and have someone write a chp with the p08 setup in it, and you would be good to go. and would not have to change the o2 sensor.

Also, you can't go off of valve covers for the obd version. valve covers can be easily changed. look at the stamping on the head and find out what year it was made. 92-95 obd1 96-00 obd2.

:withstupid:. the P08 has the more aggressive maps and ignition compared to the P28. I would just get a P28 chipped and not waste your time on runnin a stock P28. I found out the hard way. Car ran like ass and always idled high.

Back