Need help with my 93 EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The Flywheel needs to be re-surfaced by a machine shop. You can take it to a mechanic but he will most likely be a middle man who will make money off the whole thing so go directly to a machine shop. In my experience, its about $30-45 depending on the place. I cannot verify torque settings for those flywheel bolts but mine have been 76lbs on other Honda motors. The pressure plate is really low......as a guess......17-22lbs of torque on those bolts.

Get an Excedy stage one clutch. They are good replacement clutches with a lot of happy customers. It will come with an alignment tool and a throw out bearing. Make sure you grease all the spots needed so the install won't be squeaky when its all said and done.

Look for a Helm Manual for your motor. There are places online that will have one for free....at least I have found B-series and K-series manuals for free online. This will tell you were to grease things inside the trans so the install goes smooth. If you can't find one......get a Chilton's or whateva at a auto store.

If you have no CEL (MIL) then you are in better shape than I thought. So you wired up the lights in the dash to a new fuse?

Yea my dash lights are wired to a fuse and they function fine I just Wabash see this car up and runnin

There are shops that specialize in reconditioning, resurfacing and rebuilding mechanical parts. They do lots of stuff for many parts on many mechanical objects (like cars). They hone engine cylinders and often put together big performance motors. They are called "Machine Shops"

You take your old flywheel off and deliver it to the machine shop. They put it on a machine that levels (flattens) the surface that has been worn by the old clutch. That way you have a nice clean flat surface for the new clutch to mate with. You need a flywheel holding tool and a 12-point socket to get the flywheel off/on. Torque to recommended settings (probably around 72lbs)

I am not sure but you may not be educated and experienced enough for this. A shop will charge you around $300-500 with you bringing them a clutch kit. So all they do is take the trans out, have the flywheel resurfaced, install the new clutch kit/throw out bearing, and install the transmission. I've done my share so its hard for me to fork out that cash plus I'd rather know how it was done.

I've been told by some that it looks like my clutch is slipping? How do I check to see if my clutch is slipping? I've read "to check if your clutch is slipping to rev it high 1st and 2nd gear then shift to 5th gear and step on the gas and I should be able to tell?

I've been told that my clutch is slipping? How do I check and confirm that my clutch is slipping.? I heard revving. High in first and second gear while driving then shiftting to fifth gear and slamming on the gas will show me if my clutch is slipping

When you shift gears and it revs up while not really going anywhere......your clutch is slipping which means you need to change your clutch. If I could drive it for a minute.....I would be able to tell you. Talk to someone close to you that knows cars, take them for a ride or let them drive and see if they can tell you.

Turns out I have a D15B can anyone tell me the torque specs for the flywheel and clutch?and which cars have the D15B motor? I also heard it may be jdm?

Turns out I have a D15B can anyone tell me the torque specs for the flywheel and clutch?and which cars have the D15B motor? I also heard it may be jdm?

If there's no number at the end of the code it's Japanese.

Can you tell me which car models have them and what are the torque specs to clutch and flywheel for this motor?

Flywheel bolts should be around 72-75lbs (criss-cross pattern when torquing)

Not sure on the pressure plate but its much lower......like 18-25lbs (criss cross too)

Well I got my clutch installed by a friend took us so long but upon replacing the clutch I had to replace the motor mount, head cover gaskets, oil cap, and oil was leaking into my spark plugs and we adjusted my Timing all in all it took us 16-17 hours because of chit chatter and driving to get parts but my car runs good for now and I just need to break in the clutch. I do have one question. Why is my brake pedal making a popping sound when I push it in? It does it noticeably at low speeds. I checked my brake fluid and it seems to be in the middle between Low and Max. I do not see anything leaking.

Back