need help with swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wlp2008

i got a f22b1 out of 95 accord ex. i took out the ecu, alternator and other misc. parts. what i ended up crushing was the wiring harness because i cut into it..:D but i have another 94 accord wiring harness untouched but its non vtec(f22b2 or a1 not sure) the stock ecu i got says "P0A". im considering a 93 del sol chassis for this f22b1 swap. the f22 motor had an auto trans. this is my first swap and i need to know what all i need to swap out and what will work. the del sol has a 5speed trany and d15sohc. do i even need to change the harness? will i need the motor mounts? will the motor bolt up to the d series 5speed and the ecu work considering it was an auto ecu? plz help!

dont even bother putting that engine in the del sol. its not worth the hassle. none of the f series parts are interchangeable with d series, and the fact that its auto makes it worse. put the swap up for sale, and just buy a d16z6 swap, its practically plug and play, you just need to add some wires for vtec.

yea after some searching i figured that out. i dunno though if i can find a decently priced tran for the f22 i might do it anyway. i have a spare 94 accord with everything factor except trans and title to the car plus the f22b1 & ecu. the thought of possible boosting it in a hardtop convertable is something im very fond of. ill keep updated if i do get the del sol and trans though. if not i might just drop the f22b1 in my current DD (f22b2 accord) would be much easier but i kinda want that sporty del sol. jus dont know if its worth the cost of a new trans and actually buying the car(one im lookin at guy wants 700 for, motor needs repaired). im more interested for suggestions for the f22b1 swap then finding a swap for the del sol because i have everything i already need for the f22b1 swap.. thanks for feedback!

d series and f series don't swap out the f22b1 is an ok engine and you should get a good bit of torque from it i would use a h22a1 tranny with it the gears are shorter than the f22b1 it's all your trying get torque or top speed

find a jdm 5 speed tranny with factory lsd, and change your car to standard. its so easy to do, you just need to get the right parts for the swap, that setup would be fine in your car

first off, swaps are getting easier...

the post below applies to the F and H series motors as the mounts, transmissions, axles, and wiring are the same.

First off, an H22 is hydraulic clutch, cable shifter.

Motor Mounts will have to be purchased. Explicit Speed Performance Quality mounts, not hasport pretty, but have yet to break a set (out of 12 h/f turbo swaps)

Axels you can go a different route. Ebay (like 120) for decent axels, Hasport (300), or build your own (good if the swap comes with axels) (you can use your stock drivers side, you have to change the nuckle on the passenger sie that attaches to the trans) (you will have all the parts so no cost!!)

Cable shifter... the lines have to be ran so they are not bent at too tight of an angle. Use the prelude shifter (you will need to cover the hole from the old shift linkage and either weld in 4 nus on top or try ans screw on 4 on the longer bolts under the car. the easier wat it to weld. they will las longer especially when yankin on the shifter. The bes way to run your cables is through the fire wall just under the center console. this way you run less risk of hitting your wire harness with the larger Bore bit (minimum 1.5 in hole). from there you can run the cables to the shifter (under the carpet) and to the transmission.

Wiring.... Raywire (Rywire - Online Store) will make you a harness (from your single cam and the h22/23) that will work fine with the h22 ecu. you have another option, you can mix and match to build a jumper harness in the two places where the hanesses meet. take about 3 hours and will be plug and play. this is the dash connector to ecu and dash connector to engine harness, about 40 wires total (obd2 will have a few left over but you can wire the diognostip port up for trouble codes)

any questions hit me up.... 6785446472

Back